The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Take a look at the GOP convention floor foto....and get back to me later.

Take a look at what party folks of color vote for and then I will show you my shocked face at the crowd on the convention floor....

CNN
    Some 88% of African-American voters supported Clinton, versus 8% for Donald Trump, as of very early Wednesday morning. While that's a large margin, it's not as big as Obama's victory over Mitt Romney in 2012. Obama locked up 93% of the black vote to Romney's 7%.

This guy actually says it better than I could....

[video=youtube;N2WUBC4ocpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2WUBC4ocpY[/video]

I PRAY in four years that GOP floor looks different.......I believe it may but I am a hopeful American who believes in the goodness of my Country...I know you are hurting brother...I really do....That bums me out but not enough to think that my country is any more racist than any other country...Racism crosses lines....

Here is a Democrat who gets it...

[video=youtube;CJEOgHhmYmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJEOgHhmYmI[/video]

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I read the article, and didn't see the cause for concern that you keep referencing. The self-definition of alt-right excludes racism and white nationalism. It says that the alt-right attracts some who have such persuasions, but that the movement rejects and marginalizes them.

Would you care to specify what parts of that article cause you concern?

Come on, Chip, the article lists the segments of the alt-right as the following:

The intellectuals- There are many things that separate the alternative right from old-school racist skinheads (to who they are often idiotically compared), but one thing stands out above all else: intelligence

Natural Conservatives- They are mostly White, mostly male Middle-American radicals, who are unapologetically embracing a new identity politics that prioritises the interests of their own demographic... a preference of homogeneity over diversity, for stability over change, and for hierarchy and order over radical egalitarianism... The natural conservative tendency within the alt-right points to these apotheoses of western European culture and declares them valuable, and worth protecting.

The Meme Team- ...there will always be a young rebellious contingent who feel a mischievous urge to blaspheme, break all the rules, and say the unsayable. Why? Because it's funny. ....racist, but very little sincerity behind them.

The 1488rs- anything associated as closely to racism and bigotry as the alternative right, will invariably attract real racists and bigots

Further:

The really interesting members of the alt-right, and most numerous, are the Natural Conservatives. They are perhaps the most psychologically inclined to be unsettled by threats to western culture from mass immigration and maybe by non-straight relationships.... They want to build homogenous communities, sure - but they don't want to commit pogroms along the way. Indeed they prefer non-violent solutions.

They want their own communities, populated by their own people, and governed by their own values.
    An Establishment Conservative's Guide To The Alt-Right - Breitbart

So the Alternative Right, as describe by Breitbart, and who the guy who runs it say he's the "voice" of, consists of
    -People whose main difference from skinheads, is that they are smarter.
    -People who play identity politics and value homogenous communities and social hierarchy
    -Young people that aren't racist, but put out racist memes
    -And actual believers of the mantra "we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children"?

And somehow, when I say the thought of a guy that caters to this group, being involved in the WH, is concerning to people of color, I'm off base somehow? People that hold these types of believe shouldn't even raise and eyebrow, 'eh? Chip, I can only hope that you skimmed the article, if you see no cause for concern.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    If it is what you quoted, I would think its concerning. I don't have time to read your link. I will say that what I know of the Milo author, not much other than he was not allowed to speak at depaul, is that shock is his delivery. Many things get lost in text. Is the link one of those shock and awe messages to the GOP?

Was this question directed at an individual?
    Simple question. What is the Alt-Right, where did the term originate, and do you consider yourself a believer in that ideology?
    And if you attribute the alt-left to skinheads...are you asking if anyone is a believer of that ideology?

Like I said, text is sometimes misunderstood.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Watching people try to analyze the alt-right and figure out what it is makes me sit back and laugh. Not even the alt-right has any coherent idea of what it is.

It's a mish mash of various different political ideologies, views, and wishes from extreme to centrist. It ultimately just rejects neo-conservatism and tries to figure out how to move forward without it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Watching people try to analyze the alt-right and figure out what it is makes me sit back and laugh. Not even the alt-right has any coherent idea of what it is.

It's a mish mash of various different political ideologies, views, and wishes from extreme to centrist. It ultimately just rejects neo-conservatism and tries to figure out how to move forward without it.

Watching a person that calls his website the "voice of the alt-right," and then subsequently define what it means to them, it on the same site.... makes me wonder why it isn't appropriate to question that person's beliefs.
    Not exactly a high-brow notion to grasp. It also makes me wonder about the people who can't exactly understand it.... assuming they don't have some other motive.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Seems there are a lotta sore losers around, just sayin'... :dunno:

Every election we lose a bit more.

The boat tips back and forth, right and left and back again it bobs with the waves, but the State still grows and the people still lose, our heading - largely unchanging.

Soreness comes and goes, for most, with every election cycle or two, but the mounting losses are undeniable.

We never seem to claw back much of what we abdicated or that which was further usurped in the previous cycle.

We'd all be sore ...if we weren't so accustomed to the sensation.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Every election we lose a bit more.

The boat tips back and forth, right and left and back again it bobs with the waves, but the State still grows and the people still lose, our heading - largely unchanging.

Soreness comes and goes, for most, with every election cycle or two, but the mounting losses are undeniable.

We never seem to claw back much of what we abdicated or that which was further usurped in the previous cycle.

We'd all be sore ...if we weren't so accustomed to the sensation.

That's certainly the way it has been, and likely will continue

With the administration and sanctuary cities going at it before Trump is even sworn in, I would like to think the Democrats would learn something about not giving their power and money to Washington. And I would like to think that Trump and the Republicans would say "now do you get it, let's just go for more local power because Los Angeles and Montana are not the same".

(Heck Indianapolis and rural Montgomery County are completely different worlds, but at least Indianapolis isn't as big as Chicago so we don't have the same extent of a problem as some states do.)

But more likely the Republicans will push their agenda, increase the division, and the Democrats will have big wins in the next election. Unless something else brings this country together or economic failure causes a whole new explosion, the division will increase until states get serious about secession.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Alt-right. I never heard this term in my life until recently. It comes across to me as just another effort to label a bunch of people, force them all into a single group, and insult them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Given that voting based on skin color or gender is not legitimately a part of a given culture (in this case, white people or women), it would certainly be bigoted to think that one should vote according to skin color or gender. Did Horowitz use "renegade Jew" in the context of not voting for someone who was not a Jew? If not, then this analogy does not hold.

That's why context is relevant, to differentiate between the usage merely being negative/critical, and offensive/bigoted/anti-semitic.

I have to ask: is there a "white culture" in the same way that there is a Jewish culture? Judaism is a religion, an ethnicity, and a culture. "White" is a skin color.

It doesn't really matter if the term was used in the context of someone who is a sex/race/religion/etc. Both of the main candidates in this race were Caucasian, or white. The terms Uncle Tom and house ****** were used in reference to blacks who supported Trump. Heck there is a video of a black reporter being called an Uncle Tom because she dared ask a Hillary supporter a question regarding iirc Hillary's email. You don't think there would be calls of "internalized misogyny", or "self hating sexist", aka a traitor to their sex if Sanders had won the nomination and women weren't voting for him? ETA it wasn't a email question it was mentioning her lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ-Obo4Sigk

And for "white culture" I'd say it would generally be considered "western European" culture. At least classically. What is Jewish culture? And per the article on the alt-right, white is a culture because culture is inseparable from race.

You seem to believe this, but question that 3 million illegals voted. Both offer the same amount of facts. Especially when the vast majority of absentee ballots in this country do not get counted. And historically absentee ballots favor repubs by about a 2 to 1 margin.

Alt-right. I never heard this term in my life until recently. It comes across to me as just another effort to label a bunch of people, force them all into a single group, and insult them.

It is a recent term, made up I believe by the members of it. It's short for "alternative right" or anti-establishment right. Think of the Tea Party, the recent political movement not the historic act. I'd say the same thing has happened (is happening) in that it was "formed" for a specific purpose and has been coop0ted by various factions.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom