The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    For me, the fact that a monkey reference to an African American is met with public ridicule and disdain from an overwhelming majority of people shows me that we are post-racial.

I don't think "post-racial" can mean a complete eradication of racial prejudice. That is an unreasonably high bar.

Rather, can we agree that the majority of Americans (of all colors) agree that race should not be the primary defining feature of an American - ANY American? I do think that most Americans agree that race is an attribute, not a definition. That is one of the differences between GenX (of which I am a member) and the Boomers (who retained much of the racial-cultural baggage of their parents).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump meeting with Mitt Romney this weekend to discuss governing and possible Cabinet post.

So... invite a bunch of actually presidential people into your cabinet to sort of even it out... alright, I can get behind that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm still waiting for the explanation of how "renegade Jew" is offensive/bigoted/anti-semitic/whatever. The burden of supporting that argument lies with those who make it. Until that explanation is given, whether or not I've read the article remains irrelevant.

I thought he's already explained that and also cited the context. So now that the context IS relevant...

Well?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .......Obama is leaving in a couple of months. No longer will some of you have the black man to kick around because he's a democrat AND BLACK. .......

See, this makes me a sad :( when I realize that hitlary won't be president so I can't hate on her because she is a democrat AND WOMAN.

Her proposed policies (and continuing those of obama) couldn't possibly BE THE REASON for my distain......... NOPE. 10-4.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As opposed to this apparent pandering for alt-right over umpty ump pages......sheesh. Give it a rest. The election is over. No use looking for ghosts. The planet is not in the same place it was a minute ago.

Obama is leaving in a couple of months. No longer will some of you have the black man to kick around because he's a democrat AND BLACK.

We'll see how Trump does. I would assume you should be boning up on defensive responses rather than kicking the dead dog.

If a Black Republican, more conservative than Romney, would have ran against the Black Democrat, I have no doubt that he'd have done as well or better than Romney.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    As opposed to this apparent pandering for alt-right over umpty ump pages......sheesh. Give it a rest. The election is over. No use looking for ghosts. The planet is not in the same place it was a minute ago.

Obama is leaving in a couple of months. No longer will some of you have the black man to kick around because he's a democrat AND BLACK.

We'll see how Trump does. I would assume you should be boning up on defensive responses rather than kicking the dead dog.

I think it's sad that so many look at life through a the lens that everyone is a racist. And there is that ALT-right thing again.

So I'm pretty sure I was call a racist at least once in this thread. But this is the internet, par for the course.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I thought he's already explained that and also cited the context. So now that the context IS relevant...

Well?

Nope. Nobody has proffered an explanation. The argument has not once proceeded beyond, "Breitbart published 'Renegade Jew'; therefore, Breitbart is anti-semitic - and, by association, so is Steve Bannon."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think it's sad that so many look at life through a the lens that everyone is a racist. And there is that ALT-right thing again.

So I'm pretty sure I was call a racist at least once in this thread. But this is the internet, par for the course.

I'd be more worried if people weren't called a racist/sexist/bigot online... then you know something is wrong.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    See, this makes me a sad :( when I realize that hitlary won't be president so I can't hate on her because she is a democrat AND WOMAN.

Her proposed policies (and continuing those of obama) couldn't possibly BE THE REASON for my distain......... NOPE. 10-4.

Yes, this line of thinking also explains why I was hating on Alan Keyes for being black while I was voting for him in the Republican primaries (making him, in fact, the first person for whom I ever voted for president).

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There is a subset of Americans who are racist. If you feel guilty enough to have to bring up token integration of the republican party, maybe the shoe fits......

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Bit of thread cross-over here, and related to the "fake news" stuff going on right now.

Facebook fake-news writer: ‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’

Cxd64_LUQAUNcuV.jpg:small

And we should believe him now because ... why? Isn't this just as likely more of the same?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I've not read the article, so I can't say whether I agree with it or not.

I'm still waiting for the explanation of how "renegade Jew" is offensive/bigoted/anti-semitic/whatever.

Same way the term "house ******" or "race traitor" or the calls that any woman who didn't vote for Hillary is a traitor to their sex is. Is it not bigoted/offensive to believe that just because you belong to a certain race/sex/religion/etc you are required to support whatever?

You stated that your first presidential vote was for a black man I believe, correct? Would you consider it bigoted if someone wrote an article calling you a "renegade white" simply for your support of that person? Or your non-support/opposition to his opponent?

So believe it, until it's prove false, is how some people, will view that "fact."

Where was that said? There was an allegation made with no current facts to back it up. Do I believe it? Not necessarily, do I believe that some illegals voted? Yes. Do I believe that the number of them was 3 million? Not without proof.

Obama was hated by a significant subset of Americans because he was black. No getting around that fact. When his wife is referred to as a monkey, you will never convince me that we are in post-racial America.

There is a subset of Americans who are racist. If you feel guilty enough to have to bring up token integration of the republican party, maybe the shoe fits......

Yep some Americans are racist, and that spans members of every race and political party. Is it a significant subset as you claimed? Or just simply a subset?

For me, the fact that a monkey reference to an African American is met with public ridicule and disdain from an overwhelming majority of people shows me that we are post-racial.

I don't think "post-racial" can mean a complete eradication of racial prejudice. That is an unreasonably high bar.

I'll disagree with the first part. If we were really post racial a monkey reference to an black person wouldn't automatically be met with public ridicule and disdain from an overwhelming majority of people. I have seen pictures of Michelle where she does appear ape like, and not because of the color of her skin. There were a bunch of comments, cartoons, photo comparisons of G. W. Bush as a monkey, was that racial? Or was it simply a comparison of his facial expressions and/or his actions/etc.? And for the record I thought some of them were quite amusing/apt.

The last part I agree completely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom