The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I believe the process starts with a request from the AG (ostensibly after formal or informal consultation with POTUS) for Congress to appoint a special prosecutor.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Given that it is the Congress, and not the President, who appoints special prosecutors? No, I don't expect President Trump to appoint a special prosecutor for the Clintons or for anyone else.

Oh you and your semantics.

I never expected him to do any such thing, or even influence congress to do such a thing. But there were certainly people here excited about the possibility of Clinton seeing justice during a President Trump.

Should it happen? Sure. Will it? No. I doubt it was a major part of the vote, either... but it didn't hurt.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So this is weird.

Trump told Christie he didn't think he'd last past October 2015
    Report: Trump originally planned to drop out in October 2015, Endorse Christie

In a new book about the 2016 presidential election, a Christie adviser told reporters from the network that Trump's original plan was to drop out of the race in October 2015. He had told Christie that he would give him his endorsement when he did withdraw from the race.

Instead, Christie would become one of Trump's first major backers from the GOP's political class and ended up being one of the new president's top advisers.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Oh you and your semantics.

I never expected him to do any such thing, or even influence congress to do such a thing. But there were certainly people here excited about the possibility of Clinton seeing justice during a President Trump.

Should it happen? Sure. Will it? No. I doubt it was a major part of the vote, either... but it didn't hurt.

I think several things would have to happen, before a Clinton special prosecutor would be viable. First, Trump would have to replace Comey, and tap his replacement. Then, the FBI would have to complete a legitimate, sincere investigation (either revisiting the classified email issue, or a new investigation on the Clinton Foundation) and return a recommendation to indict.

Without those two things happening, Trump getting behind a special prosecutor would come across as nothing more than petty vindictiveness.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I think several things would have to happen, before a Clinton special prosecutor would be viable. First, Trump would have to replace Comey, and tap his replacement. Then, the FBI would have to complete a legitimate, sincere investigation (either revisiting the classified email issue, or a new investigation on the Clinton Foundation) and return a recommendation to indict.

Without those two things happening, Trump getting behind a special prosecutor would come across as nothing more than petty vindictiveness.

Isn't the investigation into the Clinton Foundation still ongoing?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011