The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Reading more on Columbus situation...which probably translates across country...the insults are flying both ways.

i told my 6th grader to keep her joy to herself Wednesday and explained why. At her elementary school...she hasn't said anything about this stuff.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My memory isn't too good either. Were there protests and riots immediately following Obama's electon? How do they compare to those during the last few days? How about Bush Gore?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My memory isn't too good either. Were there protests and riots immediately following Obama's electon? How do they compare to those during the last few days? How about Bush Gore?

There were not. But then again this election was a bit off kilter. No election since Truman/Dewey had been predicted so wrongly by so many people. And upon the results people were shell shocked. No election since the 60s had been played on such divisive rhetoric. If you consider how so many, on the right, believed that this election would be stolen from them, is it not fair to ask if Trump was predicted to win by as heavily a margin, as Clinton, that there wouldn't also be some civil unrest? Can you say with 100% certainty that it would not have happened?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nobody can say what might have happened with certainty.

That said, the DNC and media spewed out so much BS for so long they started believing it themselves. I know from my career in sales that calling someone on their BS, or even just not believing it when they're so heavily invested in it, always results in some kind of a meltdown. Everyone hates it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    There were not. But then again this election was a bit off kilter. No election since Truman/Dewey had been predicted so wrongly by so many people. And upon the results people were shell shocked. No election since the 60s had been played on such divisive rhetoric. If you consider how so many, on the right, believed that this election would be stolen from them, is it not fair to ask if Trump was predicted to win by as heavily a margin, as Clinton, that there wouldn't also be some civil unrest? Can you say with 100% certainty that it would not have happened?
    I can say it 100%, because most of the right has to get up and go to work, no late night fire-shopping for us!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well, here's the smartass answer. Who's gonna pay us to riot?

Seriously though, except for a few frings tin foil hat types, it's just not in our character. Conservative parents don't tend to raise kids who think think they need to riot when they don't win. If Trump had lost as he was expected to lose, there would be a bunch of angry Trumpers complaining on social media, and a few tin-foil hatters who might get a little violent. But no mobs of rioters. If you think that then you don't understand.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I agree with the first couple of sentences. Bush/Gore had some shell shock factor too, and I wasn't kidding about my memory so I can't make a direct comparison. I do remember angry people and talk of a stolen election.

I didn't pay close attention to politics until I voted for Paul in '08.

I certainly can't say with 100% certainty much on any hypothetical but I subjectively feel that I have seen more riots and protesting from democratic leaning groups so I think it would have been much less likely if Clinton had won. The MAIN reason I would say this is locale. Its much easier to get a group mentality going in cities where proximity plays a major factor and who controls the cities? Democrats. All the Red counties tend to be more rural. This factor, proximity, is also why I think the racially charged incidents in the last few days happen under cover so to speak and in more rural areas. It is also the reason that with a Clinton victory would not have resulted in as much civil unrest or any. I do believe the under cover racially charged types of unrest would be more prevalent.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Nobody can say what might have happened with certainty.

That said, the DNC and media spewed out so much BS for so long they started believing it themselves. I know from my career in sales that calling someone on their BS, or even just not believing it when they're so heavily invested in it, always results in some kind of a meltdown. Everyone hates it.

That's it in a nutshell, they think the world is ending because they believed their own propaganda. History has shown that we are all vulnerable to it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Heard more about this today on the way home. A full-repeal of Obamacare is, also, probably not going to happen.

"Parts" of it might stick around, such as pre-existing condition protections.

Trump open to keeping 'amended' version of ObamaCare | TheHill

The spin on this point has already reached epic proportions. Trump meets with Obama. Trump, in an effort to be conciliatory, says that he is amenable to considering keeping some parts of ObamaCare. The next thing you know, Facebook is telling me that Trump has announced that he is no longer planning to repeal ObamaCare.

Even if parts of ObamaCare remain, that doesn't mean that ACA, in its entirety, won't be repealed. The symbolic gesture is simply too huge of an opportunity for the GOP to pass up.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also noteworthy - Democrats now control only 13 state legislatures (26%). If they lose 1 more they fall below the % needed to stop constitutional amendments

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    The spin on this point has already reached epic proportions. Trump meets with Obama. Trump, in an effort to be conciliatory, says that he is amenable to considering keeping some parts of ObamaCare. The next thing you know, Facebook is telling me that Trump has announced that he is no longer planning to repeal ObamaCare.

Even if parts of ObamaCare remain, that doesn't mean that ACA, in its entirety, won't be repealed. The symbolic gesture is simply too huge of an opportunity for the GOP to pass up.

Yup. And if something doesn't happen regarding it, I wouldn't expect to see a Republican Senate, House, or White House again for a long time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom