The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, obviously a touchy subject, but again... curious.

Given how divisive things are, and how hate-filled people are regarding Trump being the President... I tend to forsee an attempt happening on him. God forbid that were to happen... but if so, how do you think something like that would change the country?

What were things like when JFK was killed? Were people tense and angry with the "other side" of the political spectrum? Were there riots?

With how conspiratorial people are today, would such an action be seen as grounds for a coup?

I was too young to be aware or remember. But I don't think people thought of it in terms of the opposing party having some responsibility. People were divided on issues, but it was different. My first recollections of political division was about the Vietnam War and race. From what my parents talked about Kennedy's assassination, they were upset about it even though they didn't vote for him.

It seems like there's always a culture war going on between older and younger generations. But I don't recall the division being so in your face and vitriolic like it is today. Maybe social media combined with a general disregard for manners has exacerbated the contempt both sides have for each other.

CNN now projecting Trump will win the popular vote

Well, if that's true, maybe they'll stop whining that the presidency was stolen from them by the electoral college.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The wounds from the civil war were still festering...Especially down here on the river.....We could see the beginnings of an exodus from a more agrarian economy towards a more industrial economy....Ellis Island was really hopping and we were a little worried that the folks coming in would not appreciate the America that we had built....So we made fun of them until they changed their names to sound more like ours...(DON'T JUDGE ME! It was a different time!!) There was no 24 hour media and our education was a little lacking....I remember being very relieved when we found out it was, in fact, an Anarchist rather than (the) Antichrist....I remember putting my old side by side back in the rack and placing my bible back on the shelf, saying to myself, "Whew...Thank the Lord I ain't got to fight the Devil and his minions with this old side by side.."

Then I peed off the front porch....Good times....:)

Good story. :yesway:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    He never knows when he might find a young female fan either...

He's probably just trying to get laid.

This aspect of Trump winning does have be bummed out...... no more slick willie escapades in the whitehouse.
    Much entertainment to be lost.

cQQEdje.gif

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wonder how many companies will still be willing to pay $200K to have Hillary speak?????

:lol2::lol2:

You would have to pay me to listen to one of her speeches.
    Good thing is they are not that long, at one of her last rallies she spoke for only 8 minutes ... the rest was Beyonce and other ****.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Should be an interesting 4 years... probably filled with all sorts of hateful language and biases from both sides.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Should be an interesting 4 years... probably filled with all sorts of hateful language and biases from both sides.

I keep saying, Trump is all about saying whatever he needs to win, but offering the olive branches when he has. Of course, he does this in his blatant self-interest, but to the consternation of many, he will bend over backwards to work with democrats, even to the detriment of the programs and positions he ran on.

Wait and see.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I keep saying, Trump is all about saying whatever he needs to win, but offering the olive branches when he has. Of course, he does this in his blatant self-interest, but to the consternation of many, he will bend over backwards to work with democrats, even to the detriment of the programs and positions he ran on.

Wait and see.

I'm eager to see what his presidency is all about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom