mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mom, I may have spoken too soon. I thought the 4l60e had a separate solenoid for reverse.

I have been doing some reading...it also looks like if it were a solenoid the service engine light would be on and there would be a code. Unfortunately, what he is describing is looking like it is probably the sun gear or sun gear shell. I guess we will see what our friend who works on them says tomorrow and decide if we should pull it and take it to him or if we should look at getting a different one to swap it with. It just really sucks because I haven't had any trouble with it and he takes it and wham...now my husband is convinced he did something to it. I don't think he did anything to cause this, but it is sure aggravating! Transmissions is one of the few things that my husband just isn't comfortable working on. I'm not sure why cause he does everything else.

Luckily, my son lives close enough to work he can walk there tomorrow and Sunday, but he is going to need transportation to school every day next week and has nobody he can borrow a vehicle from. The only thing we have here that is extra is his old car that we just took the plates off of...transferred them to the Jimmy. I guess we will figure this out tomorrow.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good night Sam. I'm not far behind you. I think I need to go to bed before anybody else can tell me of another problem!!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    chugger.gif

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Drunk mom could means I'm getting some new sig lines. :):

It could but I am going to bed instead. I am pretty sure I am going to need to be clear thinking in the morning so we can figure out how and when we are getting something to my son to drive and get him back on the road.

Good night guys. Have a good one....night crew should be coming on soon.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    From the title I thought this thread was about all the good things that Obama has done since taking office...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom