sSig_lol3.gif

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Is it 1AM yet? Lebowski is tired and wants to not be working. :(

Damn FedEx man woke me up by pounding on my door. Fell back asleep... then USPS knocking on my door with another package. Just leave the damn thing on the porch, I'll get to it when I get to it.

EDIT: UPS came today too and they had enough sense to just leave it on my porch and leave. Why I love UPS.

One Amazon order, 3 different delivery drivers. I wish they all showed up at once and had a showdown.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    So...I had my Jimmy for 9 years and never had a problem with the transmission. My son came and got it on Friday to drive as his car was on its last leg, and we transferred the plates, insurance, etc. He calls tonight and reverse is out on the tranny! :ugh:

It looks like we will be driving down with a tow dolly or trailer to get it and bringing his old car to him to drive until we can get this fixed or get a different tranny from the salvage yard to put in it. What are the odds?

Then my husband informs me that I need to make him a doctor's appointment...blood in his stool twice this week and it just happened again. He has never had a colonoscopy and his mother died of colon cancer. I will be making him an appointment to be seen.

What's next? Maybe I don't want to ask that question.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    So...I had my Jimmy for 9 years and never had a problem with the transmission. My son came and got it on Friday to drive as his car was on its last leg, and we transferred the plates, insurance, etc. He calls tonight and reverse is out on the tranny! :ugh:

It looks like we will be driving down with a tow dolly or trailer to get it and bringing his old car to him to drive until we can get this fixed or get a different tranny from the salvage yard to put in it. What are the odds?

Then my husband informs me that I need to make him a doctor's appointment...blood in his stool twice this week and it just happened again. He has never had a colonoscopy and his mother died of colon cancer. I will be making him an appointment to be seen.

What's next? Maybe I don't want to ask that question.

The "reverse" control solenoid is notorious in the 4L60E for going out. It runs about $40.

I hope your husband is ok.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I should note that he said he drove home and parked. He went to put it in reverse to back up because he didn't like the angle he was at or something and he heard a pop and then a whirring sound. He put it in reverse and nothing. It goes forward but no reverse. I googled it and everything I was coming up with sounded far more complicated.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Prayers for the Hubby Mom45.

I spent the afternoon in the ER, 89yr old MIL fell getting out of her chair today and broke 3 ribs

Thanks guys. We'll take prayers. I need him around for a long time! I don't know what I would do without him.

Sorry to hear about your MIL. I saw where you were in the ER with her. Ribs are painful but probably an easier recovery than a hip or something like that. I'll keep her in my prayers too!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think you just have to drop the pan. I will check tonight or tomorrow and let you know for sure.

Thanks! If you happen to find a You Tube link or anything that would show it, that would be great for me to share with my husband. We might be able to fix it for him and not have to drag it all the way back here. We have a friend who works on transmissions so planned to call him in the morning to get his thoughts on it as well. A simple fix would sure be a good thing!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Snipezze
    Top Bottom