• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    The only thing I like about AT&T over Verizon is that I can answer a call, put it on speaker, and still use the browser on my phone to look things up/answer/help/investigate.

On Verizon I'd have to hang up, look into it, and call back. I think this is even the case with Verizon LTE.
    My work phone is a verizon. I would not pay for those. I have apps that crash several times a day, reception is awful, and I hate how they use strange symbols for stuff, and the damn sub menus are hard to find and navigate. No thanks!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    My work phone is a verizon. I would not pay for those. I have apps that crash several times a day, reception is awful, and I hate how they use strange symbols for stuff, and the damn sub menus are hard to find and navigate. No thanks!
    Yeah - what I hate about Verizon is the locked firmware and all of the bloatware/extra crap they put on phones that you can't remove [well, you can - but not by the average layperson].

My mom has an iPhone on Sprint and even on their LTE it has to be the slowest damn phone I've ever handled. Tried to download a < 10mb app and it took something like 20 minutes over LTE... Thought maybe the local tower or the network was having an issue - same issue in a totally different place with weeks of time difference.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yeah - what I hate about Verizon is the locked firmware and all of the bloatware/extra crap they put on phones that you can't remove [well, you can - but not by the average layperson].

My mom has an iPhone on Sprint and even on their LTE it has to be the slowest damn phone I've ever handled. Tried to download a < 10mb app and it took something like 20 minutes over LTE... Thought maybe the local tower or the network was having an issue - same issue in a totally different place with weeks of time difference.

I have an android on sprint. my d/l speeds are fabulous

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    fjcMaKS.jpg

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I've tried Android on Sprint in this area and had the same results - even when it showed LTE. Baffling.

4G or 3G LTE. I know when I am on 3G it isn't a good, in no way bad though.

I travel out of the city a lot, 2 hour north, never on an interstate. I have 1 dead spot on my drive, the rest of the time I have no issues

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    For the past 4 years, I have carried both a Verizon and an AT&T phone. Never had problems with the Verizon phone, but the AT&T phone dropped calls all of the time.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    3G is just shorthand for "you might as well just wait until you get home to browse the internet".
    You have no idea how excited I was to see 3G come to my area back when all I could get was Edge... Answering a support ticket via my phone over edge was a ~5 minute proces, on 3G it became a ~1 minute process. On 4G [real 4G] it became a ~15 second process.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom