jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    :shady:

I've been lurking...everyone is nerding out in here and I have no idea what is going on. I'll try again later and maybe comprehend a little more of the conversation...

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    By in its call quality
    Call quality for me is generally acceptable but, that said, I hate talking on the phone and do it as little as possible.

and browser ability. It's a daily thing to have failed calls with good reception, or to have to wait 15 minutes to refresh a page. It is so much faster on wireless, it just seems like it is very capable, but you can't get there with AT&T as the provider.
    I use the browser on my phone all the time when I'm out and about [work from my phone, all browser-based] and haven't had many issues - a few cases where I was on Edge or out in the boonies but I can tether my laptop to it and use it as a hotspot just fine as well.

Could be dependent on your area.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Finally bought another jeep! It was also owned by a Marine. Got rid of it since he is having another kid. Kept such good care of it, I'm putting a USMC sticker on it. OORAH!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Call quality for me is generally acceptable but, that said, I hate talking on the phone and do it as little as possible.

I use the browser on my phone all the time when I'm out and about [work from my phone, all browser-based] and haven't had many issues - a few cases where I was on Edge or out in the boonies but I can tether my laptop to it and use it as a hotspot just fine as well.

Could be dependent on your area.
    I believe it is the area, but I'll drop calls in the middle of indy for no apperant reason. This is the only internet we have, and it's usually ok, but for the last few weeks it's been really spotty, I just don't understand why I pay as much as I do for two iPhones and still have crappy service…

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I believe it is the area, but I'll drop calls in the middle of indy for no apperant reason. This is the only internet we have, and it's usually ok, but for the last few weeks it's been really spotty, I just don't understand why I pay as much as I do for two iPhones and still have crappy service…
    The only thing I like about AT&T over Verizon is that I can answer a call, put it on speaker, and still use the browser on my phone to look things up/answer/help/investigate.

On Verizon I'd have to hang up, look into it, and call back. I think this is even the case with Verizon LTE.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    uhhhhh wut?
    I'm trolling myself. Backed into an AT&T telephone box and did $1200 in damage to my 2014 truck I just bought.

Snow cleared a bit today and the wife was parked at about a 30 degree angle on her side of the drive [it hasn't moved since I ran into the box] - which explains why when backing out using the side of her vehicle as a guide [to not hit her vehicle] I ran into that damn AT&T box.

Still my fault - I should have had my parking assist on and my mirrors aimed down lower.

They're going to have to pull the bed and re-spray the entire side which is why it's so expensive.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    That's limiting but you should still get more than 1 channel :).

There is hope for you afterall.

:rofl:

we have about a dozen and a half channels or so, 3 or 4 of them religious and 1 spanish and 2 or 3 weather channels

usually I turn on hulu but the remote for the blueray is on the other side of the room and I am to lazy to get it

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm trolling myself. Backed into an AT&T telephone box and did $1200 in damage to my 2014 truck I just bought.

Snow cleared a bit today and the wife was parked at about a 30 degree angle on her side of the drive [it hasn't moved since I ran into the box] - which explains why when backing out using the side of her vehicle as a guide [to not hit her vehicle] I ran into that damn AT&T box.

Still my fault - I should have had my parking assist on and my mirrors aimed down lower.

wow that just made my night! How in the world did it do 1400 in damage though?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County

wow that just made my night! How in the world did it do 1400 in damage though?
    Due to the size/location of the dent and the paint damage it needs re-sprayed. In order to get a good match that won't be obvious we have to do basically the whole side of the bed. It's a nice looking paint job but not cheap to fix. You wouldn't think, from the pictures, that there was this much damage.

http://screen-shot.net/td1.jpg
    http://screen-shot.net/td2.jpg

Undamaged side for comparison:
    http://screen-shot.net/td3.jpg

I considered just doing a paintless dent repair [$500~600] but there is enough damage to the paint that without a respray it will inevitably rust.

The kicker is that if I file a claim and pay my $250 deductible [i.e. insurance pays $900 or so] they are going to raise my rates by $1,332 over the next 3 years so I either pay it out of pocket and save a few bucks or I file a claim and pay more for my insurance than the cost of the repair in short order.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom