• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    It's great having white hair, senior discounts and no hassle buying stuff.;)
    :yesway:

Some of the new kids at the local store forget to give it to me. At first I didn't mind but thought why not have some fun with it. I now ask, loudly, if I look old enough for my old geezer discount. :)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    oh I am sure, but secret shop and "secret shop" for tobacco products is 2 different shops. both easy jobs. If it had been excise coming in, she would have been fined, lost her job, the store would be fined, could lose the license to sell... and on and and. That is why there is absolutely no leeway

Yep...you don't mess around with excise.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    leadeye, come buy wine from us, you will get ID'd. ALL alcohol sales are to be ID'd.

That's funny because it remind me of a story.

about 4 years ago I was with a friend who was 30 at the time. He is also a state trooper. We stopped at a liqueur so he could by some beer. I went in to get some smokes. He was in front of me in line, didn't get carded. I ask for a pack of smokes and was carded. I didn't have my ID with me and she wouldn't sell my the smokes. I asked my friend to buy my the smokes. The lady said he cant do that because I know there for you. I replied "so your good with selling a cop beer and not carding him but you wont sell smokes to someone who is old enough to be his father? The owner will be glad to here this." Never did get the smokes and my buddy was laughing at me. :):

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    That's funny because it remind me of a story.

about 4 years ago I was with a friend who was 30 at the time. He is also a state trooper. We stopped at a liqueur so he could by some beer. I went in to get some smokes. He was in front of me in line, didn't get carded. I ask for a pack of smokes and was carded. I didn't have my ID with me and she wouldn't sell my the smokes. I asked my friend to buy my the smokes. The lady said he cant do that because I know there for you. I replied "so your good with selling a cop beer and not carding him but you wont sell smokes to someone who is old enough to be his father? The owner will be glad to here this." Never did get the smokes and my buddy was laughing at me. :):

:):

and she is absolutely right on that. But I would have carded for the beer, not the smokes.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    :):

and she is absolutely right on that. But I would have carded for the beer, not the smokes.

She was half right about it. I knew the then owner. Everyone gets carded for booze was the owners policy. She didn't last long because she wouldn't card hardly anyone. Not good.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bought that French rocket fuel #2 son likes and some scotch for #1 son at a Payless in Greenwood before Christmas with no ID, so these guys can be fined if caught doing this?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Bought that French rocket fuel #2 son likes and some scotch for #1 son at a Payless in Greenwood before Christmas with no ID, so these guys can be fined if caught doing this?

I think it is if the person doesn't look like they are over 40(?). Most stores around here just card everyone to cover there asses. I could be wrong

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My husband got carded the last time we were at Kroger and I had some wine in the cart. He thought it was funny.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I tend to go totally a different way. If a clerk cards me, I tend to question their intelligence and have been known to walk out empty handed. But sometimes I have difficulties in social settings.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I think it is if the person doesn't look like they are over 40(?). Most stores around here just card everyone to cover there asses. I could be wrong
    you are not wrong.
    I tend to go totally a different way. If a clerk cards me, I tend to question their intelligence and have been known to walk out empty handed. But sometimes I have difficulties in social settings.
    Don't take it out on the clerk, they are just doing their job. It's tough enough without people getting upset about it/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom