• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    So my Mom calls me while I'm at work tonight and is trying to tell me about something that happened to my Grandfather. So far I know that he gave some guy a ride to a gas station where he met up with another guy. Then they somehow conned him into taking them to his bank and withdrawing $6k, which they took. It was a con because apparently he wasn't under duress.

This is a 70something-year-old guy who lives on a General Motors pension. WTF?

I had to jump off the phone so I didn't get all the details. More later.

:wow:

Keep us posted let us know if we can help.:draw:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Speaking of name changes... Iron Jaw's Wife and Mrs Gungho were thinking of shortening their names to IJW and Mrs G. Is that possible if they really did want to? :dunno:

That was a joke. We only change usernames on a very limited basis in extreme circumstances. It tends to cause more problems than its worth.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    So my Mom calls me while I'm at work tonight and is trying to tell me about something that happened to my Grandfather. So far I know that he gave some guy a ride to a gas station where he met up with another guy. Then they somehow conned him into taking them to his bank and withdrawing $6k, which they took. It was a con because apparently he wasn't under duress.

This is a 70something-year-old guy who lives on a General Motors pension. WTF?

I had to jump off the phone so I didn't get all the details. More later.

Wow! that to bad! Hope he is Ok, and they catch the scum!!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    She said he is fine, he wasn't hurt. I'm just wondering what he was thinking by taking out that kind of money? Couldn't he tell it was a con?

It makes you wonder, but the people that break laws and con people train harder then we do! it's their job! and they train at it 24/7 glad he's OK, and I hope they can get his money back!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    She said he is fine, he wasn't hurt. I'm just wondering what he was thinking by taking out that kind of money? Couldn't he tell it was a con?

When they're really good (and many of them are) it can be a lot easier see it in hindsight. I hope you can get enough details to have a chance to do something about it. I'm thinking an INGO posse might be in order.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    If they went in with him I am surprised they gave him the cash. Most banks won't hand out money in situations they think are shady. or at least it used to be that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom