• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    WE had a great fire last night. Weather was perfect for it right up till it started to sprinkle. As per KJQ who stated that it was against known "Man" Law that you could not sit and enjoy a fire without beer. Sounded right to me. Pounded a 12 pack and am paying for it this A.M.
    Great fire though and KJQ is correct.

I remember being able to polish off 1/2 a bottle of liquor and a case, then be right as rain for work in the morning. Those days are long gone I'm afraid. I only had about 10oz of liquor and 6 beers between 7pm and midnight. Glad i don't have work or class this morning, just need to get off to church here in a few.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I remember being able to polish off 1/2 a bottle of liquor and a case, then be right as rain for work in the morning. Those days are long gone I'm afraid. I only had about 10oz of liquor and 6 beers between 7pm and midnight. Glad i don't have work or class this morning, just need to get off to church here in a few.

Yes, there was a day when a case of beer was a warm up for the evenings festivity's. When I met my darling wife (34 years ago) it was no big deal for me to polish off a quart of Jack Daniels (single handed) and get up and go to work. I was running 4 to 6 miles every morning and hitting the gym 2 or 3 times a week. Come Friday night it was on.
    Thank God those days are long behind me.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Speaking of fire, there was an incident at my daughter's reception last night. Instead of throwing rice, they had people waving lit sparklers. The decorations consisted of lots of burlap, lace and hay bales. :rolleyes: This made me a bit nervous so I made sure a fire extinguisher was close. It came in handy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are servicing all 3 of my vehicles today. Oil change and tire rotations. Plus we are doing the front and rear differentials on the 4WD pick up. Going to be a busy afternoon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Speaking of fire, there was an incident at my daughter's reception last night. Instead of throwing rice, they had people waving lit sparklers. The decorations consisted of lots of burlap, lace and hay bales. :rolleyes: This made me a bit nervous so I made sure a fire extinguisher was close. It came in handy.

And you were right to be nervous. That is a recipe for disaster.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's not too bad. I'll have to look into it.

We started out with just 2 course of block to contain the fire. As we live in the Speedway area we are really not supposed to have open fires. If you are doing a wienie roast they do not care. We always have wieners at the ready as they are really good cooked on a fire.
    As time went by we just kept adding and reshaping it until we got what we wanted. It is curved around the back and works very well. It will also require beer. It is man law.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby is grinding out some rust on the neighbor's truck this morning. I am having some toast before heading out to dig in the dirt. Tummy was complaining.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Yeah its that way here too, I live far enough out, its usually not an issue. I've been giving serious thought to building a grill/smoker too. Buying a new grill every few years adds up

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom