• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Mowing… I deal with mowing all day long….broke belts, blades, service sales….my whole life revolves around mowing!
    Yeah - I had a thought the other day about your comment about John Deere being cheap. I'm not trying to dispute that but I do have a question...

How many John Deere's do you think are out there that you do not see - I mean if there are 100 Husqvarna's out there and 100,000 John Deere's you're surely going to see a ton of JD's in the shop and only a few HV's. I assume your belief that they're cheap/junk comes from actually working on them and seeing how cheap they are compared to others and not based purely upon the number of them you see?

Not questioning your stance/beliefs but just wanting to understand a bit more. I do have a JD and I bought it after having them for years and years and never having any issues at all so long as I did the normal routine maintenance [oil changes, etc]. I did have TONS of problems with a Poulan Pro though...

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah - I had a thought the other day about your comment about John Deere being cheap. I'm not trying to dispute that but I do have a question...

How many John Deere's do you think are out there that you do not see - I mean if there are 100 Husqvarna's out there and 100,000 John Deere's you're surely going to see a ton of JD's in the shop and only a few HV's. I assume your belief that they're cheap/junk comes from actually working on them and seeing how cheap they are compared to others and not based purely upon the number of them you see?

Not questioning your stance/beliefs but just wanting to understand a bit more. I do have a JD and I bought it after having them for years and years and never having any issues at all so long as I did the normal routine maintenance [oil changes, etc]. I did have TONS of problems with a Poulan Pro though...

We were the JD dealer just north of grays in Mville for many years until we got pushed out. Even though we don't have deere anymore, we see TONS of them in our shop every day, I just brough 6 more in today for work. I'm not saying all are junk, but from my experience, lots of people go with a D, L, or 100 series and they need more mower than they bought with that, therefore, they have tons of problems. They are cheap, but if you live on less than an acre of flat land and no bumps or anything, they are fine. I also see huskies all the time as well.

Poulon is another story…Id rather people buy the cheapest deer than one of those MTD POS's. Also, people think Deere is the best thing since sliced bread. I thought that at one time until I tried other products. My Exmark zero will outperform ANY deere, huski, hustler, or ferris in quality and cut. I come from the standpoint that I deal with these machines on a daily basis and have for a long time. Your JD X series mowers are MUCH better quality than the little D and L series by a mile...

I still have a Deere I mow with on occasion, an X485 because I have a bagger and blade for it from when we sold Deere, It is a quality machine. Low end Deere's are not at ALL what they were 10 years ago...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, the boys decided to get a good sized above ground pool. That required moving the fire pit. Good God that is a butt load of work for a pool.
    Plus I had to go in halves on the cost..........:dunno:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Well, the boys decided to get a good sized above ground pool. That required moving the fire pit. Good God that is a butt load of work for a pool.
    No worries... I hear the maintenance is so much easier ;)

Dad called today... Sorry about the luck. Man he's had it rough the past few weeks.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

have you had a pool before?.....i have and i'll never have one again.....unless a hit the lotto and hire out the care of it...:shady:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Yeah, I feel terrible but I will get it right or die trying.

He's happy cause he knows you're a regular guy type that won't take 'no' for an answer. He seems happy with everything you've done so far.

He's also happy cuz he just won a local woodworking competition hosted by Rockler for a wicked asian style jewelry box he made.
    On a side note, sorry I haven't had much time on INGO the past few weeks. The GP really crammed INDY into a 2 week cluster ****.
    This week was 'catch up week', so I think I am in the clear. And if you need anything further from me for the shoot, lmk

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I got the car here, left immediately went to Marion to pic up some fence from a fellow ingoer, sat on 69 for almost an houron the way up. Motorcyle didn't fare well, lifeline was called. I'm praying whoever it was will recover. Started working on the car, found other problem, than what we thought it was.

Needless to say,I'm beat.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I got the car here, left immediately went to Marion to pic up some fence from a fellow ingoer, sat on 69 for almost an houron the way up. Motorcyle didn't fare well, lifeline was called. I'm praying whoever it was will recover. Started working on the car, found other problem, than what we thought it was.

Needless to say,I'm beat.

Done, and I'm beat. I sure do smell! Need a shower, or a rain box!

Good evening :ingo:

Sounds like 2 of us are beat!

Howdy GM23C

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom