mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm here. Reading about how to get rid of rabbits in the garden. I think I am just gonna start blasting them. I lost two more tomato plants today...that is about a dozen gone so far.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    My son has a bad habit of making sure certain things from the fridge disappear before others get their share. Right now he has some chicken cooking in the oven with a timer set to 30 minutes. I'm thinking at about 28 minutes I will be taking some revenge.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My son has a bad habit of making sure certain things from the fridge disappear before others get their share. Right now he has some chicken cooking in the oven with a timer set to 30 minutes. I'm thinking at about 28 minutes I will be taking some revenge.

Sounds fair to me! I saw your post about the search for a nursing home earlier. I hope you find a place that fits the circumstances. It sounds like a tough situation but there are many good facilities out there. Don't hesitate to make unannounced visits prior to choosing one.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

You sound like a food communist, which I'm opposed to as an Ingotarian.:twocents:

Hammer_and_Sickle.svg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm here. Reading about how to get rid of rabbits in the garden. I think I am just gonna start blasting them. I lost two more tomato plants today...that is about a dozen gone so far.

.22 bolt action with suppressor.
    Leave the body as a warning to the others.

Go for it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Here's some ideas if you haven't already seen them...

Homemade Rabbit Repellent

I bookmarked this one. I wish I knew for sure it was rabbits. Part of my plants are chewed off at the ground but many others are being pulled into the ground by the roots so I am thinking that is the ground squirrels. I have lost about a dozen tomato plants and now they are eating the zucchini and cucumbers as they sprout.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I bookmarked this one. I wish I knew for sure it was rabbits. Part of my plants are chewed off at the ground but many others are being pulled into the ground by the roots so I am thinking that is the ground squirrels. I have lost about a dozen tomato plants and now they are eating the zucchini and cucumbers as they sprout.

A simple chicken wire cage will stop everything short of a sub-terrainian pest. They can be a lot of work though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom