mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Howdy fellow lurkers. Busy day but we are home! Helped the neighbor, went plant shopping with her again and then came home and watered all my plants and planted more flowers. I scared off two idiots who came up the drive right after my hubby left for town...tried to sell me beef from nasty looking old chest freezers that were in the bed of their pickup. The driver got out of the truck and I told him to put his a** back in the driver's seat and leave because I wasn't buying and he had nothing I was interested in. His friend pointed at my hip, and they decided they should leave. I didn't think to ask to see their permit, but called the county after they left, and as I suspected, they had no peddler's permits issued to anyone selling meat door to door. They asked me to notify the sheriff's department of the encounter so I did. Hubby and I went to Valpo to the Harley dealer for the Friday night cruise in with the old truck and stayed an hour or so before heading to Pesto's for dinner. We don't go there too often, but they have good pasta.

Heading to Danville tomorrow for my niece's graduation party.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    #5 breakfast combo...extra sandwich with OJ

There was a time in my life when my morning routine consisted of 2 sausage McMuffins with egg, 2 hash browns and two large OJs. All of it was gone within about 10 blocks of the place I bought it. Those were also the days when I still had the metabolism of a hummingbird.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Howdy fellow lurkers. Busy day but we are home! Helped the neighbor, went plant shopping with her again and then came home and watered all my plants and planted more flowers. I scared off two idiots who came up the drive right after my hubby left for town...tried to sell me beef from nasty looking old chest freezers that were in the bed of their pickup. The driver got out of the truck and I told him to put his a** back in the driver's seat and leave because I wasn't buying and he had nothing I was interested in. His friend pointed at my hip, and they decided they should leave. I didn't think to ask to see their permit, but called the county after they left, and as I suspected, they had no peddler's permits issued to anyone selling meat door to door. They asked me to notify the sheriff's department of the encounter so I did. Hubby and I went to Valpo to the Harley dealer for the Friday night cruise in with the old truck and stayed an hour or so before heading to Pesto's for dinner. We don't go there too often, but they have good pasta.

Heading to Danville tomorrow for my niece's graduation party.
    :wavey:
    I've been to Pesto's, wasn't too bad.
    Did you tell the peddlers that you were selling lead? :)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :wavey:
    I've been to Pesto's, wasn't too bad.
    Did you tell the peddlers that you were selling lead? :)

I might offer them some lead for free if they are dumb enough to come back.

Speaking of lead, WalMart had Federal 9mm ammo for $14.77 for 50 rounds yesterday. They actually had a shelf full of ammo...appeared to be everything but 22s in there.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

Speaking of lead, WalMart had Federal 9mm ammo for $14.77 for 50 rounds yesterday. They actually had a shelf full of ammo...appeared to be everything but 22s in there.

I'm getting so tired of this!!! I've told all my friends if they see any .22 anywhere that is name brand at less than $40 per 500 that I will buy all they can get. No one has brought me any at all yet.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

I saw that. Re-instituting the 3 box limit helped some.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    :)

Wonder woman!

The original Wonder Woman was HAWT!!!

PP-WonderWoman.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm getting so tired of this!!! I've told all my friends if they see any .22 anywhere that is name brand at less than $40 per 500 that I will buy all they can get. No one has brought me any at all yet.

We got CCI from Cabela's a few months ago when a friend picked it up for us. It was about 7 cents a round. I also have a couple bulk packs of Federal but I think we got that at Gander maybe. We find it at Midwest every so often too. I pick it up when I see it, but it isn't often and I refuse to pay ridiculous prices for it. I have a fair supply but do like to practice with it. If I see it 7 or 8 cents a round, I will pick some up. If not, I leave it for someone else. WalMart just never seems to have it. They have everything else, but not 22.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jaydond
    Top Bottom