mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Morning lil sis!! Suns out there is it! Not up here, dreary day, flowers are popping up everywhere! Looks like spring finally!!

They keep saying rain. I wish we would get at least a little bit of it. We put out grass seed the other day and the guineas are eating all of it that isn't blowing away. We've had a few sprinkles here and there but nothing measurable. I guess if it isn't going to rain, we should at least be fishing. The bluegill was delicious last night!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    They keep saying rain. I wish we would get at least a little bit of it. We put out grass seed the other day and the guineas are eating all of it that isn't blowing away. We've had a few sprinkles here and there but nothing measurable. I guess if it isn't going to rain, we should at least be fishing. The bluegill was delicious last night!
    I'm not a big fish eater, but have been eating more of it lately. Trying to lose some poundage! My son loves to fish, maybe we'll do that later on today. We have hundreds of lakes up here !

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm not a big fish eater, but have been eating more of it lately. Trying to lose some poundage! My son loves to fish, maybe we'll do that later on today. We have hundreds of lakes up here !

We took the little boat out yesterday for a few hours and had enough for dinner. I don't like most fish...don't like it if it has a strong fishy taste, but fresh pan fish is hard to beat. We freeze as much as we can every year. Last year was a bad year for fishing. Lakes were really low and too many weeds. It was so weedy that we spent more time removing weeds from our hooks than catching fish.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    We took the little boat out yesterday for a few hours and had enough for dinner. I don't like most fish...don't like it if it has a strong fishy taste, but fresh pan fish is hard to beat. We freeze as much as we can every year. Last year was a bad year for fishing. Lakes were really low and too many weeds. It was so weedy that we spent more time removing weeds from our hooks than catching fish.
    Amen to the strong fishy taste !! Been awhile since me and the son been fishing. I'm not much of a fisherman, or hunter. I lack the being still and relaxing gene! I must be moving at all times. Last time I went hunting, everyone got mad at me cause I was doing pull ups on the branch above my tree stand. I just couldn't sit still that long!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Amen to the strong fishy taste !! Been awhile since me and the son been fishing. I'm not much of a fisherman, or hunter. I lack the being still and relaxing gene! I must be moving at all times. Last time I went hunting, everyone got mad at me cause I was doing pull ups on the branch above my tree stand. I just couldn't sit still that long!!

You need a hunting condo with a TV, coffee maker, etc. Hubby built a condo last summer and used it to watch critters last year. He never saw any deer close enough to shoot during deer season, but it was used for coyote, fox and whatever hunting. He really just watched things though as nothing dead ever happened. He has several other tree stands (regular ones) and a couple of ground blinds that he likes to go to, but on really cold days, this is where he was hanging out. He has a propane heater in there and I got him a nice comfy chair from Cabela's that swivels 360 silently for hunting.

Where it appears to be open, it has windows that push out/up so he can shoot out of them.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    You need a hunting condo with a TV, coffee maker, etc. Hubby built a condo last summer and used it to watch critters last year. He never saw any deer close enough to shoot during deer season, but it was used for coyote, fox and whatever hunting. He really just watched things though as nothing dead ever happened. He has several other tree stands (regular ones) and a couple of ground blinds that he likes to go to, but on really cold days, this is where he was hanging out. He has a propane heater in there and I got him a nice comfy chair from Cabela's that swivels 360 silently for hunting.

Where it appears to be open, it has windows that push out/up so he can shoot out of them.

Now that's hunting! The perks of owning the land you hunt on!! You guys are living the life mom !

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    :shady:

Mom, I need one of those! I just sit in a small ladder stand for deer season. It works, I've killed a couple deer out of it, but last year my sights must have been off cuz I missed 2 different shots at 2 different deer...and I know my aim was spot on!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Now that's hunting! The perks of owning the land you hunt on!! You guys are living the life mom !

We like our life. He was lucky to be able to retire at 55 and enjoy himself. I'm lucky because his retirement also allowed me to stop working full time much sooner than I ever expected.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :shady:

Mom, I need one of those! I just sit in a small ladder stand for deer season. It works, I've killed a couple deer out of it, but last year my sights must have been off cuz I missed 2 different shots at 2 different deer...and I know my aim was spot on!

His tree stands are home made and much less comfy than the condo! Usually the squirrels eat the seats and he has to redo them every year. If he took them down in the off season, it would help but it is so cold and snowy at the end of hunting season, he usually leaves them up.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have to head to the neighbor's! I think we are planting her flower bulbs/plants today that I picked up for her the other day.

Talk to you all later! Have a great day.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    His tree stands are home made and much less comfy than the condo! Usually the squirrels eat the seats and he has to redo them every year. If he took them down in the off season, it would help but it is so cold and snowy at the end of hunting season, he usually leaves them up.

Yeah mine stays up, mainly because I don't drive down to Vincennes except for hunting. I hunt on my great-aunts farm and my cousin kind of takes care of my stand and stuff for me. We're planning on building a permanent stand but that hasn't happened yet...schedules are busy when the weather is nice.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    My wife, who is from Washington, keeps calling the birds out back "Purple Marlins"!!!! I keep telling her they are Purple Martins.

But, since I'm a guy and we are never correct when talking to our wives, my backyard must be full of Purple Giant Fish!!!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I have to go to a job site this afternoon with the *ex* president of the company. I don't think I've ever seen him in work boots...this should be interesting.

*He used to be the president but is partially retired and only works part-time now so technically he isn't the prez...but his word is still gold.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have to go to a job site this afternoon with the *ex* president of the company. I don't think I've ever seen him in work boots...this should be interesting.

*He used to be the president but is partially retired and only works part-time now so technically he isn't the prez...but his word is still gold.

Gonna take him to the strip club??

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My wife, who is from Washington, keeps calling the birds out back "Purple Marlins"!!!! I keep telling her they are Purple Martins.

But, since I'm a guy and we are never correct when talking to our wives, my backyard must be full of Purple Giant Fish!!!
    If Purple Marlins makes the SAMs household happier then Purple Martins, so be it!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom