churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I prefer my face to be in its current shrapnel free state. :twocents:

Yep. A MOSIN nagant with a 9mm can would make a nasty Kaboom.

I'll be using it on a Nagant revolver. To the best of my knowledge, it's the only readily available revolver that can be easily suppressed.

IMG_3496_1000.jpg

You had us worried for a moment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Revolvers are subject to escaping gasses between the cylinder and bore. The will be a bit louder than a semi-auto.

Bed time for bonzo. Home made Lasagna....from scratch white chocolate cranberry cookies.....I am done....:drool:

Nite all.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Have you got those skills?????
    I used to watch mu great gramma and my gramma make scratch noodles. It is a dying art.
    I did it by hand the first time - kneading it until it was where it needed to be [about 10 minutes of kneading by hand] was a B*TCH.

I used the KitchenAid 6qt Mixer this time around :). Poured in the salt and flour, turned it on to 'stir', added the eggs slowly, then the butter, then the milk. Once it became a cohesive ball of dough I let the mixer knead it for ~5 minutes - let it rest for 30 wrapped in plastic on the counter, then I rolled it out. Got a nice 20" french rolling pin that makes it easy but I do have a pasta roller on the way. Don't get me wrong - it's more 'authentic' when you do it all by hand and I *can* do that, but the gadgets save time :).

I've also been dehydrating beef, vegetables, and fruit for healthier snacks. I'm finding I enjoy cooking/making things with my hands.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I did it by hand the first time - kneading it until it was where it needed to be [about 10 minutes of kneading by hand] was a B*TCH.

I used the KitchenAid 6qt Mixer this time around :). Poured in the salt and flour, turned it on to 'stir', added the eggs slowly, then the butter, then the milk. Once it became a cohesive ball of dough I let the mixer knead it for ~5 minutes - let it rest for 30 wrapped in plastic on the counter, then I rolled it out. Got a nice 20" french rolling pin that makes it easy but I do have a pasta roller on the way. Don't get me wrong - it's more 'authentic' when you do it all by hand and I *can* do that, but the gadgets save time :).

I've also been dehydrating beef, vegetables, and fruit for healthier snacks. I'm finding I enjoy cooking/making things with my hands.

I bought a pasta roller as well with several heads for cutting different types of noodles. I make my own spaghetti, ravioli and noodles with it. It makes it fun!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yard mowed, kitchen sink working again, mud on the walls so they aren't black and disgusting, new rose bush that someone awesome bought for me is planted, and my kids are super upset that we can't keep the snail I found in the flower bed. I love how my days off aren't really days off

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Revolvers are subject to escaping gasses between the cylinder and bore. The will be a bit louder than a semi-auto.

Bed time for bonzo. Home made Lasagna....from scratch white chocolate cranberry cookies.....I am done....:drool:

Nite all.

The Nagant revolvers were designed to be supressed. I saw one at NFA day and it was pretty damn quiet!

Wiki said:
    The Nagant M1895 Revolver is a seven-shot, gas-seal revolver designed and produced by Belgian industrialist Léon Nagant for the Russian Empire. The Nagant M1895 was chambered for a proprietary cartridge, 7.62×38mmR, and featured an unusual "gas-seal" system, in which the cylinder moved forward when the gun was cocked, to close the gap between the cylinder and the barrel, providing a boost to the muzzle velocity of the fired projectile and allowing the weapon to be suppressed (an unusual ability for a revolver).[3] Other Nagant revolver designs were also adopted by police and military services of Sweden (7.5mm M1887), Norway (M1893), Poland, and Greece (Περίστροφον M1895). These revolvers were largely similar to the Russian Nagant M1895, but lacked the gas seal mechanism.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I bought a pasta roller as well with several heads for cutting different types of noodles. I make my own spaghetti, ravioli and noodles with it. It makes it fun!
    Yeah - I didn't know you could make ravioli too... I **love** ravioli... It will be cool to be able to make my own fillings.

I'm excited... Feels a bit weird being a man and being excited about kitchen appliances/utensils but it is what it is.

What kind of pasta roller do you have?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I have a few .22 rifles, just no center-fire currently! :faint:
    gotcha.

recalling your comment about mods on prod guns. is my rear sight swap breaking the rules?
    and i got curious and checked. you were right... the stock rear sight is like yours. the burwell sight is curved to facilitate one hand manipulations mo bettah. I can easily swap it back, since I likely wouldn't rely on such manipulations on this gun as much as my edc, or nightstand guns

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    gotcha.

recalling your comment about mods on prod guns. is my rear sight swap breaking the rules?
    and i got curious and checked. you were right... the stock rear sight is like yours. the burwell sight is curved to facilitate one hand manipulations mo bettah. I can easily swap it back, since I likely wouldn't rely on such manipulations on this gun as much as my edc, or nightstand guns
    Nope, sight changes are fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom