• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I was looking at those too :). The 5.0L V8 with the 3.81 rear end with locking diff if I'm not mistaken. I get the feeling it will feel a bit doggy. The only other option is the diesel which ups the price by $8k and then I'm dealing with exhaust fluid, fuel stabilizers and additives, and lots of other maintenance issues.

if you go f250, get a low mile 1999-2003 with the 7.3L

Personally, there aren't any new car I really want to have...maybe an audi, but only if I got the cash to pay the stealership

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Oh, don't get me wrong - I love the Tunrda but I find myself being OCD about keeping it clean/scratch free/etc.

I wish they didn't get rid of the bigger fuel engines on the Fords or, at least, allow a higher ratio like 4.1~4.3.

The axle in my Tundra is 4.31 - let's just say it can light up the tires and has no issues getting 10,000 pounds going up a hill from a dead stop. The only downsides are the 26 gallon tank [$1200 for an after-market much-better-built 46 gallon tank] and the interior plastic is a bit cheap [scratches easily, but it's a truck so meh].

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    This thread always seems to be slow when I have the chance to actually chat :(.

I'm still awake....if I'm getting a truck to do any kind of hauling, I'm going to get one that's a balance of being a nice truck, but not so nice I'm paranoid about damaging it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm still awake....if I'm getting a truck to do any kind of hauling, I'm going to get one that's a balance of being a nice truck, but not so nice I'm paranoid about damaging it.
    It will be hauling people and only people more often than not so the super nice interior is nice [beyond the plastic panels that feel a bit cheap, but I find that in all newer vehicles :(].

Will have the bed spray lined Line-X Premium so it will be durable and won't rust/get dented/etc. Debating getting a camper shell but I'm thinking a rolling tonneau cover would be better.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    th

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom