• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Guy at the dealer I have been working with just texted me. Sent me a couple pictures of the truck but no apology for not keeping me updated - will try to see why I was left out of the loop.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Guy at the dealer I have been working with just texted me. Sent me a couple pictures of the truck but no apology for not keeping me updated - will try to see why I was left out of the loop.

I'm not sure how I would feel about that as far as customer service goes, but at least you did hear something from them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not sure how I would feel about that as far as customer service goes, but at least you did hear something from them.

I might have told them to forget it. Not the only truck or dealer. If this is any indication of how they will treat you as a customer maybe, just maybe look around. Someone wants to earn your money.

Bed time......G-nite all

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I might have told them to forget it. Not the only truck or dealer. If this is any indication of how they will treat you as a customer maybe, just maybe look around. Someone wants to earn your money.

Bed time......G-nite all

You said that much nicer than I was thinking it!

I'm heading to bed as well. I have to take Bashful kitty to the vet to have her dental work/extractions tomorrow and she has to be there before 7. I hope she forgives me when it is all done.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Apparently the guy I was dealing with had to leave work early to go to Cumberland to deal with an issue with his step son at school. I didn't ask for details.

He said they detailed it and it's sitting in their show room waiting on me to come pick it up tomorrow. Guess I'll have to give it a good looking over tomorrow when I get there - I know people like to inspect get in/out of the models on the showroom floor but I can't imagine any permanent damage being done due to the interior being black.

I asked why it had to be detailed and he told me that it was delivered off the trailer to the other dealer yesterday and then driven 80 miles to their location and it was a little bit dirty.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Apparently the guy I was dealing with had to leave work early to go to Cumberland to deal with an issue with his step son at school. I didn't ask for details.

He said they detailed it and it's sitting in their show room waiting on me to come pick it up tomorrow. Guess I'll have to give it a good looking over tomorrow when I get there - I know people like to inspect get in/out of the models on the showroom floor but I can't imagine any permanent damage being done due to the interior being black.

I asked why it had to be detailed and he told me that it was delivered off the trailer to the other dealer yesterday and then driven 80 miles to their location and it was a little bit dirty.

6.0L diesel or the 6.4L diesel?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    This is a Toyota Tundra [1/2 ton truck] no Diesel options [doesn't really make sense to have a diesel in a 1/2 ton to be honest].

381 hp / 401 tq out of the 5.7L V8 Gasoline engine. It's flex-fuel otherwise I could put the factory supercharger on it and get 500+HP and torque :).

The drive-train is time-tested and built to last - should easily get 300k+ miles out of it so long as it's properly maintained which, in theory, should last me 20+ years.

Only thing I'm thinking about changing once I get it is putting in a 46 gallon tank as the stock 26 gallon tank is a bit small if I ever do any towing.

Here is what it will look like: http://www.screen-shot.net/ts1.jpg

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    This is a Toyota Tundra [1/2 ton truck] no Diesel options [doesn't really make sense to have a diesel in a 1/2 ton to be honest].

381 hp / 401 tq out of the 5.7L V8 Gasoline engine. It's flex-fuel otherwise I could put the factory supercharger on it and get 500+HP and torque :).

The drive-train is time-tested and built to last - should easily get 300k+ miles out of it so long as it's properly maintained which, in theory, should last me 20+ years.

Only thing I'm thinking about changing once I get it is putting in a 46 gallon tank as the stock 26 gallon tank is a bit small if I ever do any towing.

Here is what it will look like: http://www.screen-shot.net/ts1.jpg

oh....I thought you were talking about an f250

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    oh....I thought you were talking about an f250
    I was looking at those too :). The 5.0L V8 with the 3.81 rear end with locking diff if I'm not mistaken. I get the feeling it will feel a bit doggy. The only other option is the diesel which ups the price by $8k and then I'm dealing with exhaust fluid, fuel stabilizers and additives, and lots of other maintenance issues.
    :wavey::runaway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom