Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds very much like what we are dealing with. These neighbors each have about 50 feet of woods on the back of their five acre lots that borders us. Several invite friends and family members to also hunt that little bit of woods. We took the backhoe out with the chainsaw and cleared a road right on the property line. This summer, we will be adding a fence. We drove our new road with the old pickup and invited the DNR to drive it this year during hunting season, and they actually did a few times. I spent several days "mushroom hunting" with my hunter orange hat and vest and banging the bucket I was carrying on trees as I wandered aimlessly around our woods. I whistled, talked on my cell phone, texted, etc. We took surveyor tape and clearly marked the property boundaries and every surveyor pin. We also placed no hunting/no trespassing signs on the property line directly in front of every tree stand. I think some of them are starting to get the picture.

Hey guy's...I got a quarter acres of woods.......but these guys behind me have a butt load of woods/deer. Come on over and we will drink beer and shoot into their woods.

I love it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hey guy's...I got a quarter acres of woods.......but these guys behind me have a butt load of woods/deer. Come on over and we will drink beer and shoot into their woods.

I love it.

Yep...that's the ticket!! And then we'll traipse all over tracking the deer we shoot without getting permission and go "oh oopsy" when we get caught or stumble into their house!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

I love it.

I am a hunter, and I hate people like that. I hunt in SW Indiana on my great aunt's farm, I sit in the middle of her woods and if I do shoot one and have to track it, it is very unlikely it will make it to the neighbors property because there is a large field on one side and a creek/hill on the other. I have, however, found a deer (way too small to shoot - at least for me) laying dead with an arrow in it behind her barn once. I was shocked anyone would even shoot something that little, then for it to make it that far was surprising as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom