mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My BIL has the same issues as does another friend out west. These guys do not have enough land to actually hunt so they look towards the property line and into others land.
    BIL made regular loops around his property in his Kubota. Pi$$ed off a few off the neighbors. Buddy out west cut down a few trees. Found 2 on his side of the line.

Sounds very much like what we are dealing with. These neighbors each have about 50 feet of woods on the back of their five acre lots that borders us. Several invite friends and family members to also hunt that little bit of woods. We took the backhoe out with the chainsaw and cleared a road right on the property line. This summer, we will be adding a fence. We drove our new road with the old pickup and invited the DNR to drive it this year during hunting season, and they actually did a few times. I spent several days "mushroom hunting" with my hunter orange hat and vest and banging the bucket I was carrying on trees as I wandered aimlessly around our woods. I whistled, talked on my cell phone, texted, etc. We took surveyor tape and clearly marked the property boundaries and every surveyor pin. We also placed no hunting/no trespassing signs on the property line directly in front of every tree stand. I think some of them are starting to get the picture.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom