• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I am a hunter, and I hate people like that. I hunt in SW Indiana on my great aunt's farm, I sit in the middle of her woods and if I do shoot one and have to track it, it is very unlikely it will make it to the neighbors property because there is a large field on one side and a creek/hill on the other. I have, however, found a deer (way too small to shoot - at least for me) laying dead with an arrow in it behind her barn once. I was shocked anyone would even shoot something that little, then for it to make it that far was surprising as well.

I hate hunters that do that. Where I live I am surrounded by woods and farmland. Across the road is a corn field and behind that are woods that belong to the place I work for, which is technically a high school. people hunt a small wooded area neat those woods and usually take shots at deer in work place woods. If they hit them they don't track them.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am a hunter, and I hate people like that. I hunt in SW Indiana on my great aunt's farm, I sit in the middle of her woods and if I do shoot one and have to track it, it is very unlikely it will make it to the neighbors property because there is a large field on one side and a creek/hill on the other. I have, however, found a deer (way too small to shoot - at least for me) laying dead with an arrow in it behind her barn once. I was shocked anyone would even shoot something that little, then for it to make it that far was surprising as well.

The guy that does the target shooting that originally caused me to find INGO gut shot a doe last year that lasted at least 24 hours before we found her and she spooked and ran off onto other property where I am sure she died. He still thinks she ended up in my freezer even after I told him that he was such a rotten shot that mama suffered for a long time before dying and the only thing that got to dine on her was the coyotes. I know which one he shot cause her babies were in my yard every day for food after that without her. She used to come and feed here and I knew someone would shoot her, but for God's sake...at least kill them and don't maim them to suffer. The guy to the west of him shot at least three this year that he did not recover. The one was tracked by him and my husband around our 90 acres twice before it went north and left our property. Another neighbor a half mile north saw it chasing a doe with the busted arrow in his shoulder and limping badly. Out of the five he put in his freezer, three were tracked at least 1/4 mile into our property, one was tracked about a half mile on another neighbor's property and one dropped about 90 feet into our woods and he called me to tell me he shot one but it was on his side and fell where he shot it. We saw where the hoof prints were when he shot (on our side) and the drag marks where he drug it from to get to his property where he gutted it.

We have a lot of fencing to do this summer. When we bought our property, none of these other parcels had homes on them. The last couple of parcels that went for sale that bordered us, we bought before someone else could buy them and add another house.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't have a rifle. Is it cool if I use my handgun?

Oh sure...or I can loan you a shotgun or whatever you need. Be sure to bring your radio. The deer really like loud music here so you will be sure to get a big buck if you bring the right music. I heard they are into heavy metal stuff.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Oh sure...or I can loan you a shotgun or whatever you need. Be sure to bring your radio. The deer really like loud music here so you will be sure to get a big buck if you bring the right music. I heard they are into heavy metal stuff.
    I was thinking a Swiss Army knife tied to a stick could do the trick too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom