Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man that sounds good. Big bowl of chili and a grilled cheese sammy. Then a couple of fried hot dogs on toasted buns with onions/cheese/spicy mustard and chili over the whole thing......AAAarrrrrggghhhhh...:drool:

If any left a big chili Omelet with onions and cheese and sliced tomatoes..........MMMmmmmmmmmmm

Now I am hungry.......:(

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    not-available.gif
    not-available.gif
    not-available.gif
    banana-dancing-with-mario-smiley-emoticon.gif
    not-available.gif
    not-available.gif
    not-available.gif
    not-available.gif
    banana-skipping-rope-smiley-emoticon.gif
    not-available.gif
    banana-gun.gif
    not-available.gif
    rocking-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    banana-with-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif
    dance.gif

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I did not see this

Here it is.

WARNING - IT IS GRAPHIC - SHOWS A MOOSE BEING SHOT BY A HANDGUN NUMEROUS TIMES.

I personally feel terrible for the moose - the situation could have been avoided.

Again - it's graphic - if you don't think you can handle it, don't click 'play' on the video.

FUNKERTACTICAL » Tactical Videos & Photos » Moose Attacks Snowmobiler ? Defends With Glock ? Warning Graphic

I'm no expert but I can't help but feel had the guy had some patience the whole thing could have been avoided. He could have possibly backed up and waited for the moose to wander off for example.

Beyond that - let's say he did have to put it down... The least he could have done is finish it off with a clean shot so it didn't suffer until it died.

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Here it is.

WARNING - IT IS GRAPHIC - SHOWS A MOOSE BEING SHOT BY A HANDGUN NUMEROUS TIMES.

I personally feel terrible for the moose - the situation could have been avoided.

Again - it's graphic - if you don't think you can handle it, don't click 'play' on the video.

FUNKERTACTICAL » Tactical Videos & Photos » Moose Attacks Snowmobiler ? Defends With Glock ? Warning Graphic

I'm no expert but I can't help but feel had the guy had some patience the whole thing could have been avoided. He could have possibly backed up and waited for the moose to wander off for example.

Beyond that - let's say he did have to put it down... The least he could have done is finish it off with a clean shot so it didn't suffer until it died.

It's my understanding that snowmobile cannot back up just like motorcycles.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It's my understanding that snowmobile cannot back up just like motorcycles.
    Ok - then he could have simply stopped advancing on it once he saw it rather than yelling at it and continuing to advance.

If he stopped and it came at him then I can see it but he continued to advance.

Point is - I still think it could have been avoided but I'm just armchair quarterbacking.

I'm not judging him - I just feel sorry for the moose.

Last edited:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ok - then he could have simply stopped advancing on it once he saw it rather than yelling at it and continuing to advance.

If he stopped and it came at him then I can see it but he continued to advance.

Point is - I still think it could have been avoided but I'm just armchair quarterbacking.

I'm not judging him - I just feel sorry for the moose.

Although I do kind of feel sorry for the moose, I can kind of understand why he did it. Moose are actually really dangerous. My sister lives in New Hampshire and they are everywhere apparently. They get pretty territorial at times too. There are constantly people being hurt by them. If the guy had stopped and sat there when he first spotted it and waited instead of yelling, the moose may have done a full on charge. Bad, bad, bad thing. By closing some of the distance he was protecting himself. The less distance, the less force behind the charge. And I also noticed that when he finally did fire, the first shot missed the moose. The guy was probably firing a shot to see if he could scare it off (I wasn't there so it's just speculation on my part). The moose still approached. Guy did what he had to do. We like to think of moose as these gentle majestic beings. Majestic, yes. Gentle, oh hell no. I would have done the same thing. Those things can be seriously vicious

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom