Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Moose are actually really dangerous.
    I won't dispute this - but by the same measure a bad guy with a gun is also really dangerous but I wouldn't advance on him before deciding to fire.

If the guy had stopped and sat there when he first spotted it and waited instead of yelling, the moose may have done a full on charge. Bad, bad, bad thing.
    No idea - hence armchair quarterbacking - I don't know enough about them.

By closing some of the distance he was protecting himself. The less distance, the less force behind the charge. And I also noticed that when he finally did fire, the first shot missed the moose. The guy was probably firing a shot to see if he could scare it off (I wasn't there so it's just speculation on my part). The moose still approached. Guy did what he had to do. We like to think of moose as these gentle majestic beings. Majestic, yes. Gentle, oh hell no. I would have done the same thing. Those things can be seriously vicious
    But I think we can all agree a final shot to put it out of it's misery would have been best?

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I won't dispute this - but by the same measure a bad guy with a gun is also really dangerous but I wouldn't advance on him before deciding to fire.

No idea - hence armchair quarterbacking - I don't know enough about them.

But I think we can all agree a final shot to put it out of it's misery would have been best?

A final shot would have been best. That's true. But moose are HUGE! One shot may take it out, but depending on placement one shot might just **** it off even more. I'm no moose expert but I know enough about them to know that if they charge and a warning shot (if that's what it was) doesn't scare them off it's either you kill the moose or you end up injured/killed yourself. It does suck and I do hate to see any animal killed unless it's for food, but it is what it is. I probably would have done the same thing if I were in his shoes....maybe without the advancing on it part but it likely would have ended the same way

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am not looking forward to tonight. Usually Thursdays are slow. I hope that's the case today. Last night I totally lost my temper with a customer (that never happens....seriously) and I felt so bad that I ended up giving him free pizza

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I am not looking forward to tonight. Usually Thursdays are slow. I hope that's the case today. Last night I totally lost my temper with a customer (that never happens....seriously) and I felt so bad that I ended up giving him free pizza

FREE PIZZA!!!! What do I need to do to **** you off????:):

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I would show up and try to **** you off just to get free pizza. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom