Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I understand why many women do purse carry but I've just never been a fan of it. It would seem that the first thing a BG would go for is the purse. If they get that, they get your gun too. Even if the purse has a really strong strap so it can't be taken easily, if they yank on it hard they can take you down.
    Agreed, my sister was in NYC a few years ago. A man tried to take her purse, even though it was slung over her shoulder. She hit him in the nose, hard, kept her purse.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    mom45, I saw $85 a brick ammo last Sat. I told him I would just leave it in the case. $9 a box. For .22

I guess I could get rich selling my stock, but I think I'll just keep it!! :laugh:

I understand why many women do purse carry but I've just never been a fan of it. It would seem that the first thing a BG would go for is the purse. If they get that, they get your gun too. Even if the purse has a really strong strap so it can't be taken easily, if they yank on it hard they can take you down.

It isn't my preferred way and I've looked at a lot of purses. Most won't accommodate a full size 45 comfortably and many don't have an opening that you can easily remove it from. This is the first one I have seen that I think I would be comfortable carrying. There are some situations where I would NOT want anyone to even guess I am carrying and this is my best option for those locations. This particular brand has the steel reinforced straps so they can't be cut, and I will keep in mind the possibility of someone pulling me down with it...good info to keep in mind for sure.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I guess I could get rich selling my stock, but I think I'll just keep it!! :laugh:

It isn't my preferred way and I've looked at a lot of purses. Most won't accommodate a full size 45 comfortably and many don't have an opening that you can easily remove it from. This is the first one I have seen that I think I would be comfortable carrying. There are some situations where I would NOT want anyone to even guess I am carrying and this is my best option for those locations. This particular brand has the steel reinforced straps so they can't be cut, and I will keep in mind the possibility of someone pulling me down with it...good info to keep in mind for sure.
    some son of a ***** knocks our mom down he's gonna be one sorry piece of :poop:!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

Another thing you may want to consider is the ability to potentially fire the weapon without removing it from the purse. If there isn't enough room for the slide to move all the way you may not be able to, at least not more than once. This is one of the reasons why we chose a hammerless .38 revolver for my wife. Despite my objections, she will likely purse carry too.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Till Sunday when I'm supposed to take her to the airport… that's about 6 days to long!

I couldn't remember if it was just for the weekend or the whole week. I feel for you. It is hard having someone extra in the house that changes your routine, etc. Even if you like them, it can be hard to adjust to that extra person.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Another thing you may want to consider is the ability to potentially fire the weapon without removing it from the purse. If there isn't enough room for the slide to move all the way you may not be able to, at least not more than once. This is one of the reasons why we chose a hammerless .38 revolver for my wife. Despite my objections, she will likely purse carry too.

I have a friend with the same purse so I got to check it out pretty well before ordering. That might be an option! I wonder if bullet holes are covered by the lifetime warranty. :ar15::ar15:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy

You could always go with the fanny pack. At least it can be attached.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You could always go with the fanny pack. At least it can be attached.

I got one with a long enough strap that I can use it as a cross body carry if I want to and if I were in an area where I felt uncomfortable, I would likely carry that way. It would make my purse a less likely target for being grabbed as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom