• Status
    Not open for further replies.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Is quality of life at that age worth passing up on younger experiences? I think not.... by that time you end up in a place where they only bring the prime rib out on sunday when the family comes to visit.

I am confused with what you mean, maybe you misunderstood what I am saying.

Most of my patients are 70-100+

Except the oddball here and there. I've had some patients in their 30s, 40s, 50s. 99% of which are there because drugs / alchohol / smoking. Theirs livers are rotting, their lungs are worthless, and they are left to live with the older community who are hardly 'living' as it is. Sorry if this offends you, but it is the harsh truth.

Why would anyone want to 'have fun while they are young' when they are still relatively young in their 40's and going to be living and treated as if they are 80.

How many of you guys are 40?

Do you want to share a room with an 80 year old man who soils himself, sits in it until the entire room wreaks?

Do you want to have the eat pureed (mashed) food? or have to actually have someone else spoon feed it to you?

Do you want to only be able to leave the facility when your family (who likely abandoned you if you were so addicted) comes to visit?

Obviously I have a lot more insight 'behind the scenes' and can tell you a lot of disturbing and offensive things in relation. I'd rather pass up the drugs and excessive drinking in my 20's and 30's to have a somewhat normal quality of life in my 40's and 50's

/endrant

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am confused with what you mean, maybe you misunderstood what I am saying.

Most of my patients are 70-100+

Except the oddball here and there. I've had some patients in their 30s, 40s, 50s. 99% of which are there because drugs / alchohol / smoking. Theirs livers are rotting, their lungs are worthless, and they are left to live with the older community who are hardly 'living' as it is. Sorry if this offends you, but it is the harsh truth.

Why would anyone want to 'have fun while they are young' when they are still relatively young in their 40's and going to be living and treated as if they are 80.

How many of you guys are 40?

Do you want to share a room with an 80 year old man who soils himself, sits in it until the entire room wreaks?

Do you want to have the eat pureed (mashed) food? or have to actually have someone else spoon feed it to you?

Do you want to only be able to leave the facility when your family (who likely abandoned you if you were so addicted) comes to visit?

Obviously I have a lot more insight 'behind the scenes' and can tell you a lot of disturbing and offensive things in relation. I'd rather pass up the drugs and excessive drinking in my 20's and 30's to have a somewhat normal quality of life in my 40's and 50's

/endrant

I think what he meant was that for the patients in their 80's/90's/etc the quality of life is likely very poor. I know my granny had a horrible life in her later years. She was blind and confined to a wheelchair but sharp as a tack. She often told me that she thought God forgot about her. I think he meant that "experimenting" the drugs is a natural thing. Many people do it and a lot of them don't have an addiction problem. They go through a phase/realize it isn't for them then move on. Although I was one of the ones that DID have an issue with addiction I wouldn't change it. It taught me a lot. I learned that I could overcome anything if I just had the will to do it. If that means my life is cut short by a few years then so be it. I don't want to live to be 100.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Any other reason to get arrested??

I have one arrest on my record.... let me first say I have no problem with leos.

This officer lived in my neighborhood and was a complete hall monitor. Anyways, one day I was cruising through 40 in a 30 and he pulls me over. He comes up to my car screaming and cussing me out, and tells me to get the F' outta my car and put my hands on the trunk. after asking to see the radar he says he doesnt need one, writes me for over 55 in a 30 and a misdemeanor wreckless driving AND wreckless endangerment.

Had to go downtown and get processed then released. Case got dropped when I hired an attorney. Talk about a stupid arrest.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have one arrest on my record.... let me first say I have no problem with leos.

This officer lived in my neighborhood and was a complete hall monitor. Anyways, one day I was cruising through 40 in a 30 and he pulls me over. I drive a modded car, loud exhaust, sits low with wheels. He comes up to my car screaming and cussing me out, and tells me to get the F' outta my car and put my hands on the trunk. after asking to see the radar he says he doesnt need one, writes me for over 55 in a 30 and a misdemeanor wreckless driving AND wreckless endangerment.

Had to go downtown and get processed then released. Case got dropped when I hired an attorney. Talk about a stupid arrest.

Most of my leo encounters have been nothing but pleasant but I did have one time where I was pulled over for crossing the center line. To be fair I probably did. It was VERY foggy that night. After having me and all 3 of my passengers blow into the PBT (all zeroes by the way) he asked if he could search the car. I told him I was fine with it. There was nothing in the car. A few minutes later he said "Who does this belong to?" and was holding a joint. I would swear on a stack of bibles it didn't belong to any of us. My passengers did NOT do any drugs and I KNOW it wasn't mine. He then slipped it into his shirt pocket and said "I'm just gonna hold onto this then" and let us all go

Every single other time I've dealt with leo has been nothing but good. Just like in any occupation though there are good and bad.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Most of my leo encounters have been nothing but pleasant but I did have one time where I was pulled over for crossing the center line. To be fair I probably did. It was VERY foggy that night. After having me and all 3 of my passengers blow into the PBT (all zeroes by the way) he asked if he could search the car. I told him I was fine with it. There was nothing in the car. A few minutes later he said "Who does this belong to?" and was holding a joint. I would swear on a stack of bibles it didn't belong to any of us. My passengers did NOT do any drugs and I KNOW it wasn't mine. He then slipped it into his shirt pocket and said "I'm just gonna hold onto this then" and let us all go

Every single other time I've dealt with leo has been nothing but good. Just like in any occupation though there are good and bad.

I've been pulled over countless of times, and ticketed, mostly for speeding in a rush to work. The worst was 64 in a 30, and I admit fully to it. But in my defense there were no other cars on the road at all! it was a 4 lane road, and it was 2am. Still not an excuse and I paid my dues.

Every single other experience except with this particular leo were pleasant. Even when I was ticketed they were at least respectful and professional.

BTW, this same leo had pulled me over 2 times prior on complete bs speeding accusations. I have a radar detector, it was going off, I double checked my speed and still got pulled. The 2 times prior same scenario, cussing me out, threatening to haul me away, but both times a warning.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I get pulled over in the summertime about 3 to 5 times a week. Mostly not to bad of a experience ,sometimes the younger ones get a little silly. But I'm pretty used to it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom