Not open for further replies.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    No Jack. Whiskey/bourbon doesn't sit well with me. Makes me wanna fight
    Hence why I'm a former drinker! I'm not a happy drunk. I'm a real ***hole when I'm drinking. Been 27 yrs since I've been drunk. Wifey loves me when I'm not an ***hole. Now I'm more of just a d**k! She can live with that I guess!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hence why I'm a former drinker! I'm not a happy drunk. I'm a real ***hole when I'm drinking. Been 27 yrs since I've been drunk. Wifey loves me when I'm not an ***hole. Now I'm more of just a d**k! She can live with that I guess!

as long as I stay away from whiskey and bourbon I'm a happy drunk for the most part. If I get TOO drunk I end up crying about all the skeletons in my closet. I've only done that a couple of times and I've learned my limits. I did have a time in my life where I got plastered just about every night. I'm fortunate that I don't have an addictive personality for the most part. I've had two bottles of vodka in my kitchen for quite some time and haven't touched them in over a week. I hadn't planned on drinking tonight either but someone decided to bring it home and tell me we were drinking. I think we're both just stressed out about poor Flo going to the big junkyard in the sky. There's not much you can do about a seized motor

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    as long as I stay away from whiskey and bourbon I'm a happy drunk for the most part. If I get TOO drunk I end up crying about all the skeletons in my closet. I've only done that a couple of times and I've learned my limits. I did have a time in my life where I got plastered just about every night. I'm fortunate that I don't have an addictive personality for the most part. I've had two bottles of vodka in my kitchen for quite some time and haven't touched them in over a week. I hadn't planned on drinking tonight either but someone decided to bring it home and tell me we were drinking. I think we're both just stressed out about poor Flo going to the big junkyard in the sky. There's not much you can do about a seized motor
    I have a very addictive personality! I was a drug addict for years, got off that and went right for alcohol! Once I got clean I went the other way, gym every day, running 5 miles a day. Went from one extreme to the other! Now I'm just happy waking up in the mornings!! I drink to much pop now!!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a very addictive personality! I was a drug addict for years, got off that and went right for alcohol! Once I got clean I went the other way, gym every day, running 5 miles a day. Went from one extreme to the other! Now I'm just happy waking up in the mornings!! I drink to much pop now!!

I hear you on the drugs. I've been there too. There's a reason I have a full set of dentures. I got myself clean from just about every drug you can imagine. I'm no longer even tempted by prescription pills and very rarely take them (maybe a few times a year). Now why the hell can I not quit smoking?????

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Most I've talked to claim whiskey makes em mean. I have yet to find the alchohol that makes me in a bad mood, but I rarely drink more than a couple beers a month

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy

Since I was a kid, I can remember in school health class and the DARE programs that drugs (and cigarettes) were scary, addictive, illegal, and everything bad in the world all mixed together. Fortunately I was the one that was always scared to even try it because I thought I would instantly be hooked. I'm nearly 23, never even tried a cigarette, and went all through highschool without ever trying alchohol or marijuana. And even once I finally decided to even try it as a life experience, I didn't understand what all the hype was about. I have far better things to spend my money on.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Since I was a kid, I can remember in school health class and the DARE programs that drugs (and cigarettes) were scary, addictive, illegal, and everything bad in the world all mixed together. Fortunately I was the one that was always scared to even try it because I thought I would instantly be hooked. I'm nearly 23, never even tried a cigarette, and went all through highschool without ever trying alchohol or marijuana. And even once I finally decided to even try it as a life experience, I didn't understand what all the hype was about. I have far better things to spend my money on.

You're fortunate! I wish I had been like you!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I never smoked either. I came from the 60's and 70's! Different times. Got mixed with some real stupid people and the rest is history. We had no Dare stuff back then. The streets taught us everything we needed to know!

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    You're fortunate! I wish I had been like you!

Straight fear, thats all that ever stopped me. Even before a couple years ago I was terrified I would overdose from over the counter meds. That kept me from even trying or every thinking about prescription or narcotic drugs that you can overdose on. I'm so thankful I always said no even when pressured. I can remember when I was in 8th grade I spent a lot of time at my best friends house. His older brother was always home and doing drugs and on multiple occasions tried to physically force me to try weed or take ecstasy

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I always thought DARE was daring me to do drugs

Of course we always made fun of the programs and how stupid they were, but looking back I think it played a big impact on the fear I always had. We were always told that if we did drugs we would become addicted the first time, go to jail, and eventually overdose and die.

Now that im older, I work in mainly geriatrics, I say mainly because the only young patients I ever encounter are there because either drug or alcohol addiction. Nasty stuff rots your teeth your liver and your brain, and will put you in the ground before you are 40. Nothing is worse than seeing an ex-alchoholic that is 40 with a feeding tube in their stomach, no teeth, no house, no job, nothing but the clothes on their back.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Of course we always made fun of the programs and how stupid they were, but looking back I think it played a big impact on the fear I always had. We were always told that if we did drugs we would become addicted the first time, go to jail, and eventually overdose and die.

Now that im older, I work in mainly geriatrics, I say mainly because the only young patients I ever encounter are there because either drug or alcohol addiction. Nasty stuff rots your teeth your liver and your brain, and will put you in the ground before you are 40. Nothing is worse than seeing an ex-alchoholic that is 40 with a feeding tube in their stomach, no teeth, no house, no job, nothing but the clothes on their back.

Is quality of life at that age worth passing up on younger experiences? I think not.... by that time you end up in a place where they only bring the prime rib out on sunday when the family comes to visit.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis

Which is why I'm glad I was able to get away from it without ruining my entire life. I managed (somehow) to never be arrested. I have wonderful family who were always there to support me. I beat it and I'm thankful

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom