mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My son is doing pretty good on his Rosetta Stone French language stuff. I'm not sure what he's been saying! But it sounds French to me!

My son took French but I never knew what he was talking about.

I want to learn to speak Serbian. It sounds cool. My dad knows some but doesn't remember enough to teach me fluently.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My son took French but I never knew what he was talking about.

I want to learn to speak Serbian. It sounds cool. My dad knows some but doesn't remember enough to teach me fluently.
    My wife's grandparents are Serbian. She speaks it pretty fluently.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My wife's grandparents are Serbian. She speaks it pretty fluently.

My dad's family is Serbian and my husband's paternal side is Serbian. I learned a lot of my grandma's recipes before she passed, but never learned the language. Had a guy show up looking to buy some butcher animals (that I no longer raise) this summer, and he kept talking to me in Serbian and I had no clue what he was trying to say. When he bought from my parents, my dad would talk to him in Serbian so he just assumed I knew it as well.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My dad's family is Serbian and my husband's paternal side is Serbian. I learned a lot of my grandma's recipes before she passed, but never learned the language. Had a guy show up looking to buy some butcher animals (that I no longer raise) this summer, and he kept talking to me in Serbian and I had no clue what he was trying to say. When he bought from my parents, my dad would talk to him in Serbian so he just assumed I knew it as well.
    My wife's aunt is also deaf. So the whole family knows sign language. When I met her aunt she assumed I knew sign language. Talk about a awkward 20 minutes! But I know enough now so I don't insult her!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My wife's aunt is also deaf. So the whole family knows sign language. When I met her aunt she assumed I knew sign language. Talk about a awkward 20 minutes! But I know enough now so I don't insult her!

Do you have to sign in Serbian? WOW...that could be awkward!! :laugh:

I sure hope Gluemanz isn't having issues with getting home. He is going to have to travel through some really nasty roads...LaPorte county sounds like a mess. Yesterday was bad enough, but with this wind, it can't be good. I had to walk out to the garage and we have drifts on our sidewalk and all over the yard where I've never seen drifts.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Do you have to sign in Serbian? WOW...that could be awkward!! :laugh:

I sure hope Gluemanz isn't having issues with getting home. He is going to have to travel through some really nasty roads...LaPorte county sounds like a mess. Yesterday was bad enough, but with this wind, it can't be good. I had to walk out to the garage and we have drifts on our sidewalk and all over the yard where I've never seen drifts.
    Where is he driving from?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom