• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Well so much for being the hero. My daughter's car is still not right. Once I finished putting everything back together, I warmed it up for a good test drive. It ran great for about 15 or 20 minutes, then it started missing badly and died. After a bit more research, I'm suspecting the coils are failing after warming up. I'm going to let it cool completely and start it again. If it runs smooth again, I'm going to wiggle and tap on those coils to see if I can induce the problem. I really hate knowing just enough about stuff to make everyone expect me to be able to fix everything because I never seem to know enough to keep me from struggling while I do it.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Well so much for being the hero. My daughter's car is still not right. Once I finished putting everything back together, I warmed it up for a good test drive. It ran great for about 15 or 20 minutes, then it started missing badly and died. After a bit more research, I'm suspecting the coils are failing after warming up. I'm going to let it cool completely and start it again. If it runs smooth again, I'm going to wiggle and tap on those coils to see if I can induce the problem. I really hate knowing just enough about stuff to make everyone expect me to be able to fix everything because I never seem to know enough to keep me from struggling while I do it.

That sucks. My Regal did what you describe. I ran it at night and misted the coils with water. You could see the arc. Luckily my coils were up front and easy to get to. I think it took longer to find the tools than it did to change the bad one.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    You must dedicate your life to finding the creature that afflicted you with this terrible curse. You can do nothing else until you complete your search. By that time you should be in bad enough shape to defeat him at his own game. It is the only way to break the curse. Good luck.

OOPS! Wrong thread! This was supposed to be in Sam's "STANK" thread....

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    You must dedicate your life to finding the creature that afflicted you with this terrible curse. You can do nothing else until you complete your search. By that time you should be in bad enough shape to defeat him at his own game. It is the only way to break the curse. Good luck.

OOPS! Wrong thread! This was supposed to be in Sam's "STANK" thread....

:lmfao: Don't worry, you've been gone for a while and you'll get the hang of posting again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom