• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I got called and told not to come work. We are closed and they will call when we open back up

I wanted to go to work

and good morning friends

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    yep. been starting the car from inside, making sure I can use it when I need to.
    snuggled under a blanket. I probably should get dressed. They may call us in to work when the emergency is lifted.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Yeah, not too bad. i got up to feed the fireplace through out the night. My heat pump definitely isn't keeping up. Still trying to figure out how i am going to get my car out of the drive when there are like 4 ft snow drifts.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm getting ready to get dressed, fire up the Jeep, and head over to a buddy's house to winch his pickup out of a snow bank. I'm sure glad that Jeep has a blast furnace for a heater!
    IMG_20140105_154748_031_zpsvkz7bv2u.jpg

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Yeah, I pulled the car into teh pole barn for the storm but we live in the middle of about 100 acres of cornfields so our driveway gets horrible drifts.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Our power was out for a few hours. It came back on less than an hour ago but it keeps flickering. At least I know they're working on it. And God bless them for doing it too. Can't imagine working outside in this.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Cold and snowed in here. Neighbor called and woke us up cause his wife was stuck a few miles down the road (not sure how she even got that far) trying to go to work. She works 45 miles away so I don't know how she thought that was going to happen. I explained to him that it is too cold for us to try to rescue her even if we COULD get out of our unplowed driveway and told him what towing company to call. I don't know if they could get to her either since the plows are even getting stuck. I guess I should call to see if she made it home safely. My daughter thinks she is going to work today....I posted to her employers FB page asking if they are really firing people who can't get there (as she was told) and now the page is in an uproar cause people are saying that they will no longer do business there if they are making people go out in this to try to get to work. I AM a trouble maker! LOL! Still waiting for them to answer my question though. Haven't tried to start any vehicles or the tractor yet. There's about 2 feet of snow piled up where I would need to back out of the garage so until the tractor moves, I'm not.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Ballard is raising our level to orange at noon. still recommending people stay inside, businesses remain closed unless absolutely necessary. Now to wait for the phone call to see if I go to work

had the car running by remote start. Warning alarm chirped and told me someone tried to get in, not sure if they did or not but the alarm next tells me the car quit running, either ran out of time or someone touched the brake pedal. I'll get up and look eventually

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Went out and started the truck, it is COLD. The doors were frozen shut. I got my cold weather gear back together after building snowmen yesterday. I really don't want to trudge out in this, but work calls.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom