Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    No travel restrictions here, but there is nobody out. Just went out and got my Diet Pepsi and made a deposit in the bank. -8 according to the thermometer in my car.

First car I have ever had with a heated steering wheel, sooooo nice in this weather.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    So Indy INGOers, how bad are the roads? Since my train was canceled, I'm taking a bus that arrives in Indy at 4:50.

Recent reports say main roads are clear but still slick. They are reporting secondary roads about 70% cleared. I haven't been out to see it though.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    So Indy INGOers, how bad are the roads? Since my train was canceled, I'm taking a bus that arrives in Indy at 4:50.

umm 69 is closed in spots, or was last I heard. City streets are covered in ice, very passable though according to the mayor..keep seeing pics of 465 and it also looks passable but icy.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    My power was flickering a bit last night. I've got a backup benny with an auto transfer switch, so it's no big deal to me. I do have a foot of snow on my hot tub right now. I should probably shovel it off so it doesn't wreck the cover.

I've seen cat prints in the snow around my house, I'm wondering where it is and how it's doing. I think it's a cat I had that ran off. I've got a small shelter with a blanket and food in it, but it hasn't moved in yet.

Work was cancelled for day shift, which is going to hurt my bank account to the tune of about $350. I guess it's a good day to throw another coat of paint up in the bathroom.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    we had 21 runs from 7am yesterday until 1 am this morning. We shoveled the approach and parking lot 3 times. Lots of power lines down kind of runs. no accidents though. We had a few fire runs that were not much to speak of. Man am I tired. It took me 45 minutes to warm up and clean off the car so I could drive home this morning. 4 wheel drive set, the roads are not too bad.
    Now, where's my bed?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    My daughters apartment complex in Fishers has not had power since around 7 last night.

She's OK, right? At least in an apartment, frozen pipes etc. are repaired by someone else. If I lost power for any length of time I'd have to use temporary means to at least keep the house from freezing. I was thinking about that all night while I was watching the power go on and off.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Being all weather campers we have several propane fired catalytic heaters. 1 will do and average sized bedroom and keep it above 50 degrees in severe weather. The 2 with fans will cover a living room and keep it livable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom