Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Happy New Year INGO! I haven't been on much that last few days. I see things are still the same here...

Took down the Christmas tree and drug it into the woods for the critters. Put all the decorations away and working on some ancestry.com research with my son. He is doing the two week free trial so we are trying to get that family tree as complete as possible between the two of us. Learning a lot that I didn't know about my grandparents and their siblings.

My wife swore today was a no do anything day. I see the tree is almost down. And not a minute to soon.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Your always busy mom. Take a break, sit for awhile, relax!

That's what I've been doing for the last couple of hours. Having turkey soup for dinner that I made the other day while the nieces were here visiting. Planning to be lazy for the rest of the day and recover from ringing in the new year! LOL

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I managed to get myself a nice new year's cold virus. Felt a tickle in my throat Monday evening. Now its a full blown cold and my wife seems to be getting it too. Fun times...
    Took my wife to the ER last night. She's had this cold for over 10 days. It's a bad one! Plenty of vitamin C and rest!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My wife swore today was a no do anything day. I see the tree is almost down. And not a minute to soon.

I timed it perfectly. Quit watering the tree about a week ago and the stand had just a tiny bit in the bottom. That thing holds a gallon and the tree was HUGE so getting it out the door with water in the stand would have been tricky. It was time to put it all away.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    That's what I've been doing for the last couple of hours. Having turkey soup for dinner that I made the other day while the nieces were here visiting. Planning to be lazy for the rest of the day and recover from ringing in the new year! LOL
    Now your talking! Ya have a whole new year to get stuff done! Why do today, what you can put off till tomorrow! That's my new motto! Feel free to use it mom!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Took my wife to the ER last night. She's had this cold for over 10 days. It's a bad one! Plenty of vitamin C and rest!!

Did they put her on any antibiotics or anything? There is some nasty stuff floating around out there! I am doing my best to avoid it. I am thinking that the alcohol might kill the germs so we've been having cocktails almost every night with our friends! It's good that they live close by. Last night, the roads were rather interesting so I'm glad I only had about a mile to drive.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Now your talking! Ya have a whole new year to get stuff done! Why do today, what you can put off till tomorrow! That's my new motto! Feel free to use it mom!

I will have to work on that one! I feel guilty if I don't at least try to keep up with my hubby...he doesn't overdo like he used to, but he is always doing stuff. Today, he is feeling yucky and sitting on the couch watching Jerry Springer and whatever else follows that. Steve Wilko or something....the Spanish speaking hot babes aren't on yet! LOL! I know he doesn't understand Spanish, but he likes to watch that show.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Did they put her on any antibiotics or anything? There is some nasty stuff floating around out there! I am doing my best to avoid it. I am thinking that the alcohol might kill the germs so we've been having cocktails almost every night with our friends! It's good that they live close by. Last night, the roads were rather interesting so I'm glad I only had about a mile to drive.
    Yes she's taking some antibiotics . They told her to rest, but she was up at 5 this morning getting ready for work. She's not one for staying home. I'll make her relax when she comes home. I'll play mom tonight!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I timed it perfectly. Quit watering the tree about a week ago and the stand had just a tiny bit in the bottom. That thing holds a gallon and the tree was HUGE so getting it out the door with water in the stand would have been tricky. It was time to put it all away.

Agree. My wife was bored so when I and my sister went to south Carolina for my uncles funeral the first week in November she took the opportunity to put up "All" the Christmas fairyland stuff. She knew I am a staunch believer that the Holiday starts with Thanksgiving and the decorations go up then and not before. I am no Bah-Humbug but seriously.....2 full months of this crap is way more than I can take. It kept me from finishing some projects in the house. Not real happy but who am I to say "Take it down".
    Next year i am not leaving. 6 weeks of Ho-Ho-Ho is my limit.........:)

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Well, you guys talking about taking the tree down and all is making want to take ours down before sick wife gets home. (Sigh) ok I'm taking it down! BBL!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Agree. My wife was bored so when I and my sister went to south Carolina for my uncles funeral the first week in November she took the opportunity to put up "All" the Christmas fairyland stuff. She knew I am a staunch believer that the Holiday starts with Thanksgiving and the decorations go up then and not before. I am no Bah-Humbug but seriously.....2 full months of this crap is way more than I can take. It kept me from finishing some projects in the house. Not real happy but who am I to say "Take it down".
    Next year i am not leaving. 6 weeks of Ho-Ho-Ho is my limit.........:)

I never put it up before about the 10th of December. As kids, we put our tree up around the 23rd and left it up until after January 7th because we celebrated Serbian Christmas. My grandma has been gone since 2004 and we've only had one family celebration on the 7th since then. Traditions are dying......

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes she's taking some antibiotics . They told her to rest, but she was up at 5 this morning getting ready for work. She's not one for staying home. I'll make her relax when she comes home. I'll play mom tonight!

Glad she is just doing the cold and not worse. Take good care of her if she will let you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I never put it up before about the 10th of December. As kids, we put our tree up around the 23rd and left it up until after January 7th because we celebrated Serbian Christmas. My grandma has been gone since 2004 and we've only had one family celebration on the 7th since then. Traditions are dying......

We have taken the traditions from both family's and keep them alive. It can be work but the kids look to these days (kids....youngest is 28) and they will carry on after we are gone. No Bah-Humbug as stated but 2 months of the tree is, well, too much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom