• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm 6'1" but built like a linebacker. I'm 250 now but would like to be ~220 as I carry a fair bit of muscle even though I'm overweight. If I get down to ~200 I look almost sick due to my body size/shape.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I'm about 30 above where I'd like to be and about 50 above where my doctor thinks I should be.

The issue is that if I get down to the weight my doctor wants - I look almost sick.
    I could never get where the doc says is my ideal weight. I'm just not built like that. But I should lose at least 20 pounds.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I'm 6'1" but built like a linebacker. I'm 250 now but would like to be ~220 as I carry a fair bit of muscle even though I'm overweight. If I get down to ~200 I look almost sick due to my body size/shape.
    I'm 5'10" about 225. I think my profile pic I'm about 220. At 200 I think I would feel alot better. I have the equipment , I just need the motivation.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't honestly feel like it was a mistake. I honestly have told her to get over herself, that she is special to a lot of people but once she's out in the world nobody is going to do a damn thing for her so she should stop playing the it's wasn't my fault card... It seems harsh but I would rather be a little harsh to her and have her succeed than to keep her attitude and wind up with nothing. When she learns to be accountable for her actions she will start to succeed, but this shot of well I got an F but the teacher doesn't show us how to do the work... This is a touchy spot with me... I'll stop ranting...

Sometimes you have to use a bit of tough love with some kids. I know I had to do it a LOT with my son. He and I have a great relationship (he is 21 now) and he has thanked me many times for being tough on him and making him understand right from wrong. He sees many of his friends out there doing all sorts of crap that could get them into serious trouble or kill someone (drinking and driving and such) and he seems to understand that there are consequences if he does this sort of thing, while his friends do not.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Mike I'm built about the same way you are, but I'm heavier, if I could get down to my weight when I was in high school and working out all the time (about 210-220) I'd be happy. The part that gets me is I eat to much. I could pack it away when I used to hang drywall and I didn't have to worry about putting weight on but now that I'm driving a truck my ass keeps getting fatter and fatter!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Did I hear this right? Our New Years Eve resolution is to get fat!! Alright!:rockwoot:

I think I can do this one!! I'm already a little short for my weight and with all the cooking that goes on here, shouldn't be hard at all! Turkey soup on the schedule for today...gotta do something with that carcass!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Same here - when I used to unload trailers [by hand, individual freight] I could eat whatever whenever and still keep weight off... Now I sit on my butt at the computer and burn almost no calories but I still eat a ton.

Biggest thing for me growing up was "You need to clear your plate before you leave the table," and it didn't matter if I got full first. I got to where my 'signal' to stop was not when I was full but when the food was all gone.

I still do it now - I will sit down with way too much food and when I'm full I don't stop - I clear the plate or I feel bad about it [guilty].

I really have to do two things:
    1. Put less on my plate to start with.
    2. Slow down and pay attention to how I feel and stop before I start to feel bad.

When I lost all the weight the other big trick was eating tons of little snacks and no real 'big meals' to speak of. That worked great for keeping weight off but did make me a bit antisocial as most people gather around food and gathering around food was akin to putting somebody who just quit a lifelong habit of smoking in a room full of smokers.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I think I can do this one!! I'm already a little short for my weight and with all the cooking that goes on here, shouldn't be hard at all! Turkey soup on the schedule for today...gotta do something with that carcass!
    You could always use it for target practice...

Last edited:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My mom cooked everyday. I think my gaining weight started because I don't have anyone to cook for me anymore. I live off sammiches! Not a very healthy diet!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Yeah, it's all about portion control for me. I need to buy smaller plates. :rolleyes:
    Actually that is one way to do it, you'd be surprised but it works. Mike sounds like we have a lot of the same issues:n00b: another issue I have is eating when I'm bored... That's a big no no. Stop before your full, and only eat when your hungry.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    For those of you who aren't sure if you should lose weight, here's a good test. Get nekkid,put your gun on and look in the mirror. If your still CC'ing! Time to lose some weight!!:):

So as long as my boobs don't sag enough to cover it, I should be good??? LOL!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom