• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    When I was in 6th grade (10 or 11 yrs old) our school (in NY) put on a camping trip/field trip for a week. There we got to shoot .22 and bow & arrow (and of course learn about nature, hiking, canoeing, etc). Amazing that a public school could do such a thing with kids that age (compared to today). Then I find Chicago is littered with schools that had shooting ranges in their basements.
    That's cool that your college offers shooting sports! I'm sure a lot here offer shooting. But I am equally sure I would be surprised by just how many do not.

You can join the French Shooting Federation at age 9 I think.They teach kids with air guns at that age I think.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Of course on top of all those legal guns we still have tens of thousands of guns from WW1 and WW2 that are still "floating around" somewhere.
    Not to mention all the modern ones who are made today as well (Beretta, Glock, Sig, H&K, CZ etc so many European brands).
    I dont know why many Americans think the country is a gun free zone. :dunno:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    You can join the French Shooting Federation at age 9 I think.They teach kids with air guns at that age I think.

Well... I am too old now. That and the only french word I know is 'Forchette' (sp?) in english: fork.

Thats cool though. So the French Shooting Federation. Is it strictly shooting sports? or like an ROTC program here in the States? (junior military of sorts)

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Of course on top of all those legal guns we still have tens of thousands of guns from WW1 and WW2 that are still "floating around" somewhere.
    Not to mention all the modern ones who are made today as well (Beretta, Glock, Sig, H&K, CZ etc so many European brands).
    I dont know why many Americans think the country is a gun free zone. :dunno:

The internet changes things... if you can wade through all the bs and one-sided-ness anyways.

Good to hear it from you though! Then I don't have to learn otherwise through hyped headlines.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well... I am too old now. That and the only french word I know is 'Forchette' (sp?) in english: fork.

Thats cool though. So the French Shooting Federation. Is it strictly shooting sports? or like an ROTC program here in the States? (junior military of sorts)

Yes it's shooting sports, mainly Olympic stuff.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    poop :( I am out for the evening. I will give you a break from my barrage of questioning!
    Thank you for answering though! I learnt a lot! :)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The internet changes things... if you can wade through all the bs and one-sided-ness anyways.

Good to hear it from you though! Then I don't have to learn otherwise through hyped headlines.

Guns-Ownership-by-Country-20081.jpg

Well we have no guns here compared to the US. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom