Not open for further replies.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    So on your badge (ccw). Are you required to have a badge to own a handgun there?
    Similar to NY here in that you are required to have a pistol permit to own a handgun.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Lizton. 20 mi. west of Indy off I74 (between danville and lebanon)
    Liztucky was my attempt at being ambiguous when I became a mod... but now I just screwed that up by replying here :)

:laugh: sorry about that. You should be more like sylvain, if he doesn't want to answer a question he just avoids it like the plague.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So on your badge (ccw). Are you required to have a badge to own a handgun there?
    Similar to NY here in that you are required to have a pistol permit to own a handgun.

:):

That's not my badge.
    It was just to see people's reaction but it didn't work.
    Threads becomes epic when someone mentions he's wearing a CCW badge in Indiana. ;)

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    :laugh: sorry about that. You should be more like sylvain, if he doesn't want to answer a question he just avoids it like the plague.

Eh.. Life's too short. I've nothing to hide really. :D
    Besides... now that I participate in this thread, they have to scan through a gazillian posts to find it.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    We truly have it good here in the states.
    I had my first rifle at age 12. I bought my son (11 now) his first rifle last Christmas.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Difficult for me to comprehend. Dunno why, just is. I mean, you read the articles, etc... it's still just hard to digest.
    Are there many shooting ranges there? I mean, people here complain about not having ranges to shoot. My guess is very few are available out your way?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Difficult for me to comprehend. Dunno why, just is. I mean, you read the articles, etc... it's still just hard to digest.
    Are there many shooting ranges there? I mean, people here complain about not having ranges to shoot. My guess is very few are available out your way?

Pretty much all the good size cities have a range (sometimes you can even use ranges used by the police when they dont use them). :dunno:
    We even have some big ones and people come from all over Europe to shoot there (especially UK where they cant play with semi-auto handguns there).
    You can even find special ranges for IPSC, cowboy action shooting and all that.

France is not as anti-gun as many people think.
    I even took shooting lessons in college.I had to pick a sport so I took pistol shooting. :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    But we dont have a gun culture like in the US.
    Many people here dont know it's legal to own a gun unless you're a cop or a hunter.
    You need some paperwork but you can own many stuff.
    You can even buy a silencer without any paperwork (it's classified as ear protection here so you buy it like ear plugs), or add a stock or your Glock if you want, even have short barrel rifle.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Pretty much all the good size cities have a range (sometimes you can even use ranges used by the police when they dont use them). :dunno:
    We even have some big ones and people come from all over Europe to shoot there (especially UK where they cant play with semi-auto handguns there).
    You can even find special ranges for IPSC, cowboy action shooting and all that.

France is not as anti-gun as many people think.
    I even took shooting lessons in college.I had to pick a sport so I took pistol shooting. :dunno:

When I was in 6th grade (10 or 11 yrs old) our school (in NY) put on a camping trip/field trip for a week. There we got to shoot .22 and bow & arrow (and of course learn about nature, hiking, canoeing, etc). Amazing that a public school could do such a thing with kids that age (compared to today). Then I find Chicago is littered with schools that had shooting ranges in their basements.
    That's cool that your college offers shooting sports! I'm sure a lot here offer shooting. But I am equally sure I would be surprised by just how many do not.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    But we dont have a gun culture like in the US.
    Many people here dont know it's legal to own a gun unless you're a cop or a hunter.
    You need some paperwork but you can own many stuff.
    You can even buy a silencer without any paperwork (it's classified as ear protection here so you buy it like ear plugs), or add a stock or your Glock if you want, even have short barrel rifle.

That's come common sense gun law right there! Suppressors only make sense IMO. Foregrips on pistols/SBR are beyond me. I can't imagine how in the world it makes a pistol any more 'evil'.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom