• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I got my work done and was about to take a shower. That's when my son told me he wanted my help changing the oil in his car. He showed me the oil filter he bought and it looked too big compared to what was on his car. I asked him if he got the one the book said was for his car. He said "There's a book? I just picked one." :facepalm: I explained things to him and sent him back to the store while I took a shower. We got it done when he came back but I didn't touch anything. I just talked him through it. I give him credit for wanting to do it but he still has a bit to learn.

Now I can finally sit down for a bit but its almost time for my wife to get home. There always seems to be more stuff to do when she gets here...

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I got my work done and was about to take a shower. That's when my son told me he wanted my help changing the oil in his car. He showed me the oil filter he bought and it looked too big compared to what was on his car. I asked him if he got the one the book said was for his car. He said "There's a book? I just picked one." :facepalm: I explained things to him and sent him back to the store while I took a shower. We got it done when he came back but I didn't touch anything. I just talked him through it. I give him credit for wanting to do it but he still has a bit to learn.

Now I can finally sit down for a bit but its almost time for my wife to get home. There always seems to be more stuff to do when she gets here...

Oh wow. Well at least he tried :dunno:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

just tell her

"Woman, get your butt in the kitchen and make me some pie! I'm gonna sit here and relax a bit." :laugh:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    He's known her since she was a puppy and this is the first time she's let him pet her. She usually doesn't like men in uniform... The CO was very very good about it. He reacted appropriately, so it didn't escalate and he apologized to me for startling her like that. She came to me immediately when I called out NO and layed between my feet and eyed him the rest of the time he was there.

The odd thing is she will let the Grandbabies whallor all over her and not indicate any type of aggressiveness.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I even managed to adjust the sunroof on my car tonight. It was not closing all the way so it wasn't flush with the roof of the car. I found a procedure on line to re-calibrate it. Turned out to be a simple fix. I love the interwebs.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    He's known her since she was a puppy and this is the first time she's let him pet her. She usually doesn't like men in uniform... The CO was very very good about it. He reacted appropriately, so it didn't escalate and he apologized to me for startling her like that. She came to me immediately when I called out NO and layed between my feet and eyed him the rest of the time he was there.

The odd thing is she will let the Grandbabies whallor all over her and not indicate any type of aggressiveness.
    that's good she is like that with the babies... and very glad he has known her forever. This could have been so bad
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah, that always works.
    :dunno:
    I tried

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I even managed to adjust the sunroof on my car tonight. It was not closing all the way so it wasn't flush with the roof of the car. I found a procedure on line to re-calibrate it. Turned out to be a simple fix. I love the interwebs.

Yep, I have fixed so much stuff on my cars myself since I discovered YouTube

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy

The grandbabies aren't men.
    Just say'n

Fan blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Help your son learn how to change the brakes. They charge $299 an axle and it is less mess and not much more work than an oil change.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Now I don't feel bad that she wouldn't let me pet her. She didn't really act as if she didn't like me, she was just acting a bit shy. I offered my hand and she was like "That's OK, I'll just stay over here." ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom