• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    100,000 protesters are supposed to lay siege to the Supreme Court here in Bangkok tomorrow.....a half mile from my office. They are demanding that the ENTIRE court resign TOMORROW. Today the government was stringing razor wire all over the area. They have also ordered 50,000 soldiers and police to descend on Bangkok. :noway:

If the SHTF look for me in Cambodia.:wrongdoor:

There have been 20 coups, attempted and successful, in the last century in Thailand. It is kind of a regular thing here. The last coup was in 2006, so like a volcano it is time to erupt. The locals have a lot of practice with violent protests. I have no intention of sticking around and seeing how it all plays out. If I smell so much as a whiff of unrest tomorrow I'll be out of here. I'm bringing a bug out bag with me to work tomorrow. I have already downloaded a copy of bus, train, and flight schedules. My number one choice is to go to Phnom Penh, Cambodia, number two is Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and number three is Singapore. I can be in Cambodia within seven hours of deciding to leave if I travel by land, and four hours by air.

It's not going to be very awesome when I'm there because some angry protester has thrown a molotov cocktail into my office.

Here is what I posted yesterday. I thought you were in on the conversation, but I guess not. We will see if it is going to be bad, but I have a feeling it won't. It is going to be hot and sunny today. Thai people hate the sun and dark skin. It's hard to protest violently and throw molotov cocktails when you are holding an umbrella to block the sun. :D

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Here is what I posted yesterday. I thought you were in on the conversation, but I guess not. We will see if it is going to be bad, but I have a feeling it won't. It is going to be hot and sunny today. Thai people hate the sun and dark skin. It's hard to protest violently and throw molotov cocktails when you are holding an umbrella to block the sun. :D

Missed that yesterday. Prayers for your safety.:yesway:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

I wish it was a French protest.

french-fight.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom