• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I think you misunderstand. NONE of the mods have the power to enforce the rules any longer. A member's popularity determined how the rules were enforced. It's literally not possible to enforce ANY of the site rules fairly at that point, and therefore NONE of the rules can be enforced. The Heckler's Veto completely destroyed it. I will no longer be responding to Reported Posts.

Sounds like it's time for one of them there "coming to Jesus" meetings?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    How do you mean?

Meaning, a talk between the mods and Fenway to re-establish the boundaries and guidelines used. It has to remain black and white. Sure, some people will be ticked, but at least it's uniform. There should be no public debate with people over moderator decisions. It is what it is and if they don't like it they can pound sand. The rules are there for a reason and if someone doesn't like it, pound sand. Make a thread explaining it and make it a sticky. Most people come here for the content, those that want it and appreciate the rules will still be here.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    Meaning, a talk between the mods and Fenway to re-establish the boundaries and guidelines used. It has to remain black and white. Sure, some people will be ticked, but at least it's uniform. There should be no public debate with people over moderator decisions. It is what it is and if they don't like it they can pound sand. The rules are there for a reason and if someone doesn't like it, pound sand. Make a thread explaining it and make it a sticky. Most people come here for the content, those that want it and appreciate the rules will still be here.

I agree. I don't guess I quite understand. If you have rules then they should be enforced.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

The mods have always enforced the ruled evenly. There is no public debate over mod decisions. That's the deal that was struck when the staff agreed to make bannings and other disciplinary action public. But, as you can clearly see, the only thing that has done is make my life miserable. Even you, right now, are saying that the way to fix this is for Fenway to "have a talk with the mods", as though the mods have done something wrong. I've stuck my neck way out for members on three different occasions just this week alone, and two of them took the opportunity to stomp on my throat in return. This is fairly typical behavior.

And if you believe ANYTHING about this job is black and white, I invite you to step into my shoes for a week. You're in for a shock.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The rules are there for a reason and if someone doesn't like it, pound sand.

You going to tell that to T_F and his wife? Are you going to accept the fallout when it pisses off him, his wife, and all of the members here who are his friends and demand that you take it back? How about our mutual friend who claims to have 147 different accounts on INGO? Are you going to tell him to pound sand? How do you propose to stop him from creating #148?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The mods have always enforced the ruled evenly. There is no public debate over mod decisions. That's the deal that was struck when the staff agreed to make bannings and other disciplinary action public. But, as you can clearly see, the only thing that has done is make my life miserable. Even you, right now, are saying that the way to fix this is for Fenway to "have a talk with the mods", as though the mods have done something wrong. I've stuck my neck way out for members on three different occasions just this week alone, and two of them took the opportunity to stomp on my throat in return. This is fairly typical behavior.

And if you believe ANYTHING about this job is black and white, I invite you to step into my shoes for a week. You're in for a shock.
    I guess I wasn't around when bannings weren't public. That's what I'm saying about public debate. If someone gets banned, that's it. You guys shouldn't feel obligated to "debate" or discuss the merits of your decisions with anyone.
    I promised that I would not discuss it anymore, but you can read the thread for yourself.
    What thread? I must have missed the link.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    You going to tell that to T_F and his wife? Are you going to accept the fallout when it pisses off him, his wife, and all of the members here who are his friends and demand that you take it back? How about our mutual friend who claims to have 147 different accounts on INGO? Are you going to tell him to pound sand? How do you propose to stop him from creating #148?

Yes on all accounts. The only one I can't answer is how to prevent further accounts other than by doing what you already do.

Btw, I thought T_F did bankable things BEFORE he was banned. No, I cannot recall exactly what.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How is it possible to enforce the rules under these conditions? You explain it to me. Actually, don't. I don't care anymore.

Im not sure how everything works and I bet it's not an easy thing to do.
    If that upsets you more than you enjoy doing it then you should probably stop doing it, like you want to do.
    That's just the internet, nothing to take too seriously so it's not worse the trouble or losing your mind over it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yes on all accounts. The only one I can't answer is how to prevent further accounts other than by doing what you already do.

Btw, I thought T_F did bankable things BEFORE he was banned. No, I cannot recall exactly what.

I don't know what you mean by "bankable things". What I do know is that he's a popular member and because of that, I had to unban him. Now, you're more than welcome to tell him and his wife to pound sand, but it's pretty much too late for that now.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I don't know what you mean by "bankable things". What I do know is that he's a popular member and because of that, I had to unban him. Now, you're more than welcome to tell him and his wife to pound sand, but it's pretty much too late for that now.

"bannable" sorry, autocorrect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom