• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    You going to tell that to T_F and his wife? Are you going to accept the fallout when it pisses off him, his wife, and all of the members here who are his friends and demand that you take it back? How about our mutual friend who claims to have 147 different accounts on INGO? Are you going to tell him to pound sand? How do you propose to stop him from creating #148?

I emailed T_F's wife, and made a comment about the situation. I agree. Yes that is how it should be.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's just the internet, nothing to take too seriously so it's not worse the trouble or losing your mind over it.

And that's sort of the problem. People say "It's just the internet! You shouldn't take it so seriously!" and yet, those same people will absolutely lose their s*** if you ask them to follow a couple of simple rules. Even worse, they will treat it like a game, forgetting that there are real people on the other side of the screen. People who have to clean up the mess they make. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face, then "the internet" doesn't change that. The internet isn't some magical fairy land where nothing is real.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Shouldn't have to tell them to pound sand, remember, he probably won't be coming back even if he is unbanned because INS is sooooo much better.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Shouldn't have to tell them to pound sand, remember, he probably won't be coming back even if he is unbanned because INS is sooooo much better.

He's already back. He was posting in that thread within five minutes of being unbanned.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    And that's sort of the problem. People say "It's just the internet! You shouldn't take it so seriously!" and yet, those same people will absolutely lose their s*** if you ask them to follow a couple of simple rules. Even worse, they will treat it like a game, forgetting that there are real people on the other side of the screen. People who have to clean up the mess they make. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face, then "the internet" doesn't change that. The internet isn't some magical fairy land where nothing is real.

Yeah I know what you mean.
    I guess the problem is that the others, not you, take things too seriously.
    I just dont know why people cant get more relaxed about it. :dunno:
    I have been banned once, by you, for breaking a rule by accident.
    It wasn't a big deal, I came back after my ban and didn't do the same mistake ever again.
    And I never been angry about you or any of the mods for that.
    Having those rules is what makes this place fun and people like you help to keep it fun.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Doing well Sam, thank you for asking!! We had some steaks cooked out on the grill and some friends over then watched Ghost prodicall it was a good time!! :rockwoot: How are things with you?? :D

Just got done watching Ghost Proticall too but I dont remember eating steaks or any friends. I must have gone to the wrong house :D

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I'm not speaking for scutter but speaking as a former admin of another site.Being a mod or admin is like being the one who gets to clean up the bathroom after the toilet overflows. It's "just the internet" thing doesnt fly. You take pride in trying to keep the a forum running smooth, which in itself is almost impossible. And as scutter said, there are real people behind those monitors.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't want to get banned for saying bad things about another member, but I am not impressed with the member in question.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom