Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    My house isn't that big, but most of my devices are on the 2nd floor and the router is on the first. Ended up having to get a repeater/range extender to get a decent signal upstairs.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    :rolleyes:

No but I punched it one time, right on the hard drive, that I had to change.
    Since then I have a few problems with my wifi going on and off. :dunno:

If you replaced the HDD, you also had to reload all your drivers. You might have a problem with the driver for your wifi adapter. I'd suggest reloading and/or updating that driver. At least if it doesn't fix it, it usually doesn't hurt anything.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you replaced the HDD, you also had to reload all your drivers. You might have a problem with the driver for your wifi adapter. I'd suggest reloading and/or updating that driver. At least if it doesn't fix it, it usually doesn't hurt anything.

Yeah im not just sure how to do that.
    Like where to go find the driver that I need.
    Maybe I didn't use the good driver.
    The weird thing is that it can work fine for a few hours and the next hour it will go on and off every two minutes. :dunno:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The weird thing is that it can work fine for a few hours and the next hour it will go on and off every two minutes. :dunno:

Usually the computer manufacturer will have a website with all the drivers available for download. Even if you download the same one, sometimes they just don't install properly.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

The bottom of my router has a tag on it with it's info. Mine shows a web address thats HTTP:myrouter.com. when that opens in your router enter the password & username thats listed on the tag.

One you get into the software of your router, you will see a link to update if yours is anything like mine.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    What'd you get M&M?

I got an M&M

ms_green_mms_on_couch.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Usually the computer manufacturer will have a website with all the drivers available for download. Even if you download the same one, sometimes they just don't install properly.

Thanks I wil try that.
    I guess I have to delete the driver im using now in order to download and use a new one.
    Im kinda affraid to do that since this driver works, well most of the time, and if I dont get the new driver right I may not have any wifi at all. :n00b:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Thanks I wil try that.
    I guess I have to delete the driver im using now in order to download and use a new one.
    Im kinda affraid to do that since this driver works, well most of the time, and if I dont get the new driver right I may not have any wifi at all. :n00b:

Are you using windows? If so create a restore point befor you un-install any driver. Download new driver first then install new driver

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Thanks I wil try that.

I wouldn't delete anything. Just find the latest driver and go ahead and install it. They will usually take care of uninstalling the old one automatically. If it doesn't work, you can use device manager to go back to the old driver.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom