Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I hate tech geniuses. Sometimes they make no sense. I have a iPad 3. If I am in the LR where the router is, no problem. If I go to the bedroom, the connection goes up and down. Sometimes showing almost full power to almost none. My iPod touch is unaffected showing a good connection. My laptop shows a good connection. Only the iPad has an issue. The genius tells me. It has to be my router, or I have too much wiring in between.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    You could try changing the wireless channel. Some wireless cards don't work as well on some frequencies as others. My Galaxy S Captivate phone didn't like channels 1-4 as much as the rest. I tried the other channels through 11 and they all worked much better on the phone, but my incidentally, my laptop's range worked best on 1-4.

I eventually flashed a different Galaxy S wireless "modem" software onto the phone to better my 3G connection and it also fixed the wireless issues on 1-4. Too bad you have an iPhone. :p

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I hate tech geniuses. Sometimes they make no sense. I have a iPad 3. If I am in the LR where the router is, no problem. If I go to the bedroom, the connection goes up and down. Sometimes showing almost full power to almost none. My iPod touch is unaffected showing a good connection. My laptop shows a good connection. Only the iPad has an issue. The genius tells me. It has to be my router, or I have too much wiring in between.

I hear you Expat...Tech Support is usually no help.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

Its possible to have 2 identical devices and still get different reception from one to another. They're just not all the same. One thing that usually helps is to have your router as high as possible. That way there are usually fewer physical obstructions in the way. If you're getting decent signal strength on multiple devices, its doubtful there's anything wrong with the router itself. :twocents:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Hey! I just discovered something cool. The new boots I just got a couple weeks ago have a little pocket on the side that's perfect for a small boot knife!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom