• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Stitches could be infected, could just be dehydrated, could have a UTI. Could also be something where the milk ducts get infected (if she is breast feeding). She should check for hard spots in the breast/nipple area if that is the case. Paula said most likely it is dehydration and she should drink some water and check again in a few hours.
    she did have some hard spots in her breasts today, felt like hard lumps.

The OB unit told her to not worry until 101. I told her to drink plenty of water but didn't say anything about the above. I don't want to worry her.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I didn't take it as a put down or any type of an insult. I think nurturing is one of the best qualities any one could have. It translates into a caring person.
    I didn't either. Men don't have the same nurturing quality that women have, you just aren't made that way and there's nothing wrong with that.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

The OB unit told her to not worry until 101. I told her to drink plenty of water but didn't say anything about the above. I don't want to worry her.

Hard spots could be her milk coming in, but tel her when the baby nurses to try and massage those hard spots so if it is a clogged milk duct, it will help break it up. It's doesn't work every time but it did save me a couple trips to the doctor many moons ago.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

The wife had the lumps. They said to massage the breasts fairly aggressively to kind of loosen up the milk ducts. That was almost 30 years ago though.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Yeah it is just like the nature of being able to wake up when your kid is sick. I usually am a sound sleeper but when he is sick I hear him when he gets up and down.

It's a good things Mom's are like that. I never hear the kids getting up or down at night. My wife can tell me exactly how many times it happens. :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Hard spots could be her milk coming in, but tel her when the baby nurses to try and massage those hard spots so if it is a clogged milk duct, it will help break it up. It's doesn't work every time but it did save me a couple trips to the doctor many moons ago.
    she has been. She's nursing and pumping then feeding her the breast milk she has pumped and supplementing with formula if she can't pump an ounce..

Poor baby has such a small mouth she can't get a good grip to nurse. Poor Crystal is having such a rough time, she is barely sleeping as they have to wake her at least every 3 hours..

Good news though she had lost 5oz yesterday morning and this morning she had put 2 of those oz back on

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    MrsG, Sara's mom said if you want, you or your daughter can call her directly. I have the number and can PM it to you if you'd like.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom