• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I have been to almost every large city in the U.S. and most of the national parks that I want to see. Unfortunately, I did it on my own and my parents had nothing to do with it. My parents idea of a "vacation" was going to Kings Island. Kings Island is a lot of fun but not a vacation compared to a week in Idaho.

We did go on a family vacation to Niagara Falls a few years ago. After a few hours there and the usual bickering I was ready to hop into the falls without a barrel.

Yeah, I think I went on 3 vacations with my parents. One to Wis and the other to Tenn. They were both alright but, I want my kids to see more and I also want to see more.

When I graduated High School, I spend a little over a month in Europe and saw 17 counties over there. That was awesome but, I haven't even been to 17 states! I really want to see more of my own country :patriot:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Yeah, I think I went on 3 vacations with my parents. One to Wis and the other to Tenn. They were both alright but, I want my kids to see more and I also want to see more.

When I graduated High School, I spend a little over a month in Europe and saw 17 counties over there. That was awesome but, I haven't even been to 17 states! I really want to see more of my own country :patriot:

We were stationed in Germany back in the 80s but I don't really remember any of it. I've been to 13 states so far and lived in 3 :patriot:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

If you take 2 weeks out west you can see a LOT! I did a 2 week trip from here to Wyoming and back. I stayed in several national parks and did a lot of hiking, swimming, and exploring at the different places. I can tell you that the Grand Tetons are amazing and that Kansas might be the most boring place I have ever seen. Also, there are rattle snakes in southern Nebraska which will scare the hell out of you when you are only 13.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    If you take 2 weeks out west you can see a LOT! I did a 2 week trip from here to Wyoming and back. I stayed in several national parks and did a lot of hiking, swimming, and exploring at the different places. I can tell you that the Grand Tetons are amazing and that Kansas might be the most boring place I have ever seen. Also, there are rattle snakes in southern Nebraska which will scare the hell out of you when you are only 13.

Kansas IS boring, especially in winter. Fort Riley/Junction City have some neat historical stuff but it's too stinkin' cold to look at that stuff in winter. DFW was awesome!! Loved the Stockyards (the wrangler let me ride one of her horses longer then I'd paid for :D) and the Grapevine Railroad was pretty cool. Fort Sill also has some interesting historical stuff...

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Kansas IS boring, especially in winter. Fort Riley/Junction City have some neat historical stuff but it's too stinkin' cold to look at that stuff in winter. DFW was awesome!! Loved the Stockyards (the wrangler let me ride one of her horses longer then I'd paid for :D) and the Grapevine Railroad was pretty cool. Fort Sill also has some interesting historical stuff...

We went through that area I believe and they do a reinactment(sp?) if I remember right. In all honesty, Idaho was awesome as I spent a week at my aunts house. She lives in the very northern part and is 30 minutes from a gas station. On another note, I can say that Miami is a LOT of fun if you are wanting to party and have a great time and relax.:twocents:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois

Thanks.... I may have to think about trying to save / plan for a road trip out west for the family's first vacation.... and the bold part....

I DO NOT DO SNAKES! I don't care how big, what kind, or where they are. I do not do them. The last time I dealt with a snake, it was in a backyard. I forgot what kind of snake the old guy said it was but, he said it was poisonous and it was likely someone's pet that got out. I called animal control and they would not come out. I ended up trying to get it in a box with my asp and it started hissing and kinda standing up. Old guy told me I pissed it off so, I sprayed it. It jumped about 3ft off the ground started flipping in the air and died. Craziest think I've ever seen one of them do...

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Alright guys, it's time to jump in the shower and get ready for another fun filled night at work! I'll try to hop on tomorrow...

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Thanks.... I may have to think about trying to save / plan for a road trip out west for the family's first vacation.... and the bold part....

I DO NOT DO SNAKES! I don't care how big, what kind, or where they are. I do not do them. The last time I dealt with a snake, it was in a backyard. I forgot what kind of snake the old guy said it was but, he said it was poisonous and it was likely someone's pet that got out. I called animal control and they would not come out. I ended up trying to get it in a box with my asp and it started hissing and kinda standing up. Old guy told me I pissed it off so, I sprayed it. It jumped about 3ft off the ground started flipping in the air and died. Craziest think I've ever seen one of them do...

We slept outside under the stars in Utah and were right next to a river. There were lizards running by our heads all night and a few snakes slithering by people when they were laying there. I will say that it takes a little bit to get to sleep hearing them go by.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy

LMAO, Kick for snake whisperer :+1:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom