Not open for further replies.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Oh man, that place makes Indy look like Bel-Aire. :rolleyes:

I thought downtown Detroit was really cool. I liked the GM building and the people mover is nice for getting around. HOWEVER, I had my hand in my bag on my pistol going through a couple neighborhoods where we had to stop at a "crowded" stop sign.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I thought downtown Detroit was really cool. I liked the GM building and the people mover is nice for getting around. HOWEVER, I had my hand in my bag on my pistol going through a couple neighborhoods where we had to stop at a "crowded" stop sign.

I could see that. My brother told his friend I was carrying today at the car lot in Speedway and his friend's response was basically Why? I see white people, it must be safe:rolleyes:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    :dunno: Indy seems to get mixed reviews. I guess I figure if you wanted to see more of Indy, you would

Makes sense.... I would like to see a lot more of a good deal of U.S. cities. However, with the current kids and work situation, not gonna happen. Hopefully when the kids get a little older, we will be able to take tons of vacations.... One to a city nearby and one to a warmer climate each year...

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Makes sense.... I would like to see a lot more of a good deal of U.S. cities. However, with the current kids and work situation, not gonna happen. Hopefully when the kids get a little older, we will be able to take tons of vacations.... One to a city nearby and one to a warmer climate each year...

Don't wait until they're too old. My parents idea of a trip was to a smaller town about 40 miles away to walk around a farm store and eat at McDonald's :rolleyes:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

I have been to almost every large city in the U.S. and most of the national parks that I want to see. Unfortunately, I did it on my own and my parents had nothing to do with it. My parents idea of a "vacation" was going to Kings Island. Kings Island is a lot of fun but not a vacation compared to a week in Idaho.

We did go on a family vacation to Niagara Falls a few years ago. After a few hours there and the usual bickering I was ready to hop into the falls without a barrel.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Don't wait until they're too old. My parents idea of a trip was to a smaller town about 40 miles away to walk around a farm store and eat at McDonald's :rolleyes:

Wow, that sounds like something... I'd like to see where the youngest is at when she is about 2-3.... Then the oldest would be between 4-5... They should be old enough to remember / enjoy it then...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom