Not open for further replies.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Hey! I have that! Mine's from karate, though. Torn lateral meniscus and a torn ACL. My knee would pop out of joint and then I'd spend the next three days on crutches waiting for the swelling to go down. I should probably have the surgery one of these days.

That is what I had bad on my knee! they took the cartilage out years ago, I had two other operations on it and then two years ago had the knee replaced!! :n00b:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That is what I had bad on my knee! they took the cartilage out years ago, I had two other operations on it and then two years ago had the knee replaced!! :n00b:

Mine just needs the ACL replaced and the torn cartilege shaved down. The surgeon said it's not a big deal, I just never had it done.

I have never had that, this has never happened to be before. I'm in good shape, hike & walk regularly. I'm gonna go nuts if I can't keep moving.:noway:

I'm in good shape and (as I said), study karate. We get older all the time, dude. Keeping in shape isn't enough. You can still get weird injuries for no reason. I threw my back out getting out of bed once. If it persists, just have it X-rayed. I also had to have an MRI done, though.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Hey! I have that! Mine's from karate, though. Torn lateral meniscus and a torn ACL. My knee would pop out of joint and then I'd spend the next three days on crutches waiting for the swelling to go down. I should probably have the surgery one of these days.
    I've torn my meniscus twice in my right knee and once in my left. Mine was while playing soccer. The second time on my right knee I tore the ACL as well. It's hell some days.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The last time I popped it, it sucked. A little after, when it was swollen, I was coming down the stairs and bent it too far. I sat down hard on the bottom step and couldn't get back up. I had to have Spasmo hold my ankle down to keep me from bending my leg while I tried to stand. The reaction to the pain is to pull your foot back, but that increases the pressure on the swelling in the knee, which translates into agony.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hey Scutter, where do you study Karate?

In Noblesville, although I haven't been to the dojo in far too long. I miss it, but it's hard to stay motivated. When I was tournament fighting, I was doing 13-14 tournaments a year and spending 6 days a week in the dojo. I really got burned out.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Well gang, gonna watch some TV with the Mrs. Hope the pain meds kick in soon. All we had in the house was some Ultram & Flexeril and that isn't even making a dent in it.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    The last time I popped it, it sucked. A little after, when it was swollen, I was coming down the stairs and bent it too far. I sat down hard on the bottom step and couldn't get back up. I had to have Spasmo hold my ankle down to keep me from bending my leg while I tried to stand. The reaction to the pain is to pull your foot back, but that increases the pressure on the swelling in the knee, which translates into agony.

The last time mine was swollen the Dr took out 28 100cc syringes full of blood and water! he looked up at me and said I think we have a problem here! three weeks later I'm getting a titanium knee put in!! :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I've been kneeling or squatting in front of machines to work on them for 25 years. I don't think anything is torn but if I go more than a few minutes without weight on my knees I have to pop both of them back in place. If I don't my knees tend to not lock in to their natural position when standing or walking. Its kind of like when someone sneaks up behind you and bumps you on the back of your knees and you almost fall when your knees pop forward. Sucks getting old sometimes.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The last time mine was swollen the Dr took out 28 100cc syringes full of blood and water! he looked up at me and said I think we have a problem here! three weeks later I'm getting a titanium knee put in!! :D
    I was told I will have at least my right knee and maybe my left replaced later in life.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I'm pretty sure mine is nowhere near that bad. That sounds like a suck day. My step-dad had to have both knees replaced. He did them one at a time. His advice to me was that if I ever needed it done, get them both done together because if you do one, you'll NEVER want to do the other one.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm pretty sure mine is nowhere near that bad. That sounds like a suck day. My step-dad had to have both knees replaced. He did them one at a time. His advice to me was that if I ever needed it done, get them both done together because if you do one, you'll NEVER want to do the other one.
    My grandpa said it wasn't that bad when they did his partial at 64, but now they're about to do his full and he's worried.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom