Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like my dads side of the family. Depression farmers tried and true. Wasted nothing. And I mean nothing.
    I swear one of my cousins ate a dog they shot. I am not sure but man I think they did.
    Dad was born in 1924. I know he said they didn't really notice the depression. He said they didn't have anything before it hit, didn't have anything while it was going on, so no change. But that was down in the hills. He said that hunting wasn't really much of an option as everything was pretty well hunted out all the time. Grandpa told me he remembered when the last deer in the county was killed off. They have a bunch of them down there now, but the DNR had to reestablish the herd during modern times.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dad was born in 1924. I know he said they didn't really notice the depression. He said they didn't have anything before it hit, didn't have anything while it was going on, so no change. But that was down in the hills. He said that hunting wasn't really much of an option as everything was pretty well hunted out all the time. Grandpa told me he remembered when the last deer in the county was killed off. They have a bunch of them down there now, but the DNR had to reestablish the herd during modern times.

Hungry people gonna eat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom