mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I got caught up on a bunch of stuff at home today. And then we bought yet another boat....another project. Took the motorcycle and went to LaPorte for dinner and then back home. Last load of laundry is in the dryer, and I think a new washer may be back on the list of things to get. Hubby thought he fixed it, but it does not stay balanced on the spin cycle...not even with lighter loads so the rugs really sent it into outer space.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got caught up on a bunch of stuff at home today. And then we bought yet another boat....another project. Took the motorcycle and went to LaPorte for dinner and then back home. Last load of laundry is in the dryer, and I think a new washer may be back on the list of things to get. Hubby thought he fixed it, but it does not stay balanced on the spin cycle...not even with lighter loads so the rugs really sent it into outer space.

Springs are either weak or broken.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Springs are either weak or broken.

There was a broken one and he fixed it this morning. He said there is some kind of ring at the top that is filled with fluid that has likely cracked and won't hold the fluid anymore. It has had a good life...time to retire the dang thing! It has lasted over 30 years with LOTS of use!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There was a broken one and he fixed it this morning. He said there is some kind of ring at the top that is filled with fluid that has likely cracked and won't hold the fluid anymore. It has had a good life...time to retire the dang thing! It has lasted over 30 years with LOTS of use!

Wow........that is some serious duty time.

You are not going to get anything to last that long anymore.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wow........that is some serious duty time.

You are not going to get anything to last that long anymore.

I believe he bought it in 1984. I found one on the Sears web site that is on sale for a significant discount but he wants to see it in person before we buy one. That one is a web only price so we'll see. Normally $719 and on sale for $389 so I'm hoping they have one like it or similar enough so he can see how it is made in the store. Knowing him, we will end up buying at the local store even if it is more money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I believe he bought it in 1984. I found one on the Sears web site that is on sale for a significant discount but he wants to see it in person before we buy one. That one is a web only price so we'll see. Normally $719 and on sale for $389 so I'm hoping they have one like it or similar enough so he can see how it is made in the store. Knowing him, we will end up buying at the local store even if it is more money.

We "Always" go to the Sears outlet store for our Appliances. Always. They have end of year in the box models for deep discounts to move them off inventory to make room for the new models.
    We picked up the Washer/Dryer set (front loaders high tech) that were $1250 each for about $1400 for the set NIB.
    Stove/dishwasher/Refrigerator the same way. You may have to be patient and go back a few times to find what you want/need but it will be in the store eventually.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That's OK. It's just weird sitting here for half an hour with no INGO posts at all. Are you up for good, Birds? Got to work today?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom