• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've been enjoying them as you are posting them. Its interesting to see much of that, I am somewhat envious of all that history around you that seems relatively close (travel wise).

Yeah, that even was just 20 minutes away.

I spent more time trying to park though, it's very touristic ... lots of foreign cars who park in the middle of the street because they gave up on finding a parking spot.
    Plus they had a fair going on too.

I had to park far away and walk 10-15 minutes to get there.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You can drive for an hour or more just looking for a parking space, I know some spots who are not known by tourirsts but you have to be willing to walk once you parked.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Yeah, that even was just 20 minutes away.

I spent more time trying to park though, it's very touristic ... lots of foreign cars who park in the middle of the street because they gave up on finding a parking spot.
    Plus they had a fair going on too.

I had to park far away and walk 10-15 minutes to get there.

Well I am pleased that you share your visits with us here. I would love to visit a lot of the older colonial sites along the Northeastern US as well as many of the sites that founded our nation here, but it would take a lot of time to travel to see it all.

Like I said, the proximity of all that history makes me envious. I am sure that the people that live around those areas take it for granted too, unfortunately. They pass by it on their commutes to work and are probably aggrivated when there is an event going on that makes traffic worse.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well I am pleased that you share your visits with us here. I would love to visit a lot of the older colonial sites along the Northeastern US as well as many of the sites that founded our nation here, but it would take a lot of time to travel to see it all.

Like I said, the proximity of all that history makes me envious. I am sure that the people that live around those areas take it for granted too, unfortunately. They pass by it on their commutes to work and are probably aggrivated when there is an event going on that makes traffic worse.

There is nice medieval castle next to it, not sure if I posted pics on INGO.
    The basement have been modified by the Germans during the war to add bunkers and an underground hospital inside the cliff.

Those bunkers are really tough, they are built behind an already tough 10 foot thick medieval wall made of stone ... add concrete and steel behind that ...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Carp32
    Top Bottom