• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I am not a big fan of the crookneck squash. I think my mom used to pick it too old and then would boil it...accckkkk!

I love summer squash. I should run out to the garden and see if I have some more to pick. I have a couple of baby ones in the fridge so if I have one more ready to go, I could throw it in the pan in a bit of butter and fix that to go with the leftovers. It's going to be a veggie night anyway...sweet corn, cucumber salad, zucchini....

If the turkeys have moved on, I think I'll do that. Last time I looked they had the cat treed in the back yard. She wasn't looking too happy.

I've never found boiling to be my preferred method to cook very many things. The skillet always seems better. Also, just about any kind of veggy is made better with onions! :yesway: Now I just need to see a picture of a cat treed by turkeys. I think that would just about make my day. ;)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    From what I've read, our friend left this one on the vine for too long. It was tough, but I sliced it on the mandoline so it's very thin. It's cooking down fine. Almost time for dinner.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Still 82 degrees in here. The FIL says he's perfectly comfy though. I can tell the AC is working but its just gonna take a lot longer than it should to get things cooled off. Looks like the fans are going by by my bed tonight...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Turkeys were gone but the deer didn't leave until I was all the way to the garden and opening the gate. She just stood there and listened to me talking to her and watched. I was within 100 feet of her when she finally snorted and wandered off. I really need to take some pictures of the garden. It's a jungle out there!

I better go fix the food for Mr. Cranky. He has the radio figured out and working now.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    was a good weekend SAM. Baby is kicking and turning and just a great little acrobat inside it's Mommy right now. Princess came camping with me for the weekend.

How's everyone ?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I think the breaking point was when I asked if he had noticed the headliner was starting to come loose in the back. :laugh:

A little spray adhesive will fix that right up....Worked well on our beater minivan...
    As long as the backing is still attached to the fabric it will work. If it isn't you will have a mess on your hands. Ask me how I know....:D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    OK, now I'm a little worried. AC has been cleaned and running for over 3 hours now. Air is coming out cool but not cold. Temp is holding steady at 82. Coolant lines coming from the outside unit are cool but not cold. They were frozen up before so I assumed the charge was still good but now I wonder if it needs a squirt to get it back to half way normal.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    OK, now I'm a little worried. AC has been cleaned and running for over 3 hours now. Air is coming out cool but not cold. Temp is holding steady at 82. Coolant lines coming from the outside unit are cool but not cold. They were frozen up before so I assumed the charge was still good but now I wonder if it needs a squirt to get it back to half way normal.

sounds like it needs a squirt to me. Ours was cool, not cold. Line was cool, not cold.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom