Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I still have a bunch of cassette tapes.....I have an old Kenwood home stereo system downstairs that has a working tape deck...

I put the turn table away, I had a flood in the basement a few years ago that got all my vinyl albums....:(

I still have my turntable but the needle/cartridge is junk.
    Gave all the vinyl away a long time ago. Catholic charity through the kids school. We had maybe 400 albums.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    A little spray adhesive will fix that right up....Worked well on our beater minivan...

I'll save that idea for another day. I am about ready to rip the one in my truck down. It doesn't really need to be there. I'd like to keep the suburban looking good though so that one I want fixed...just not pushing the issue today. He is hot, dirty and cranky.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Like I said, my old system is tired. So its gonna be warm in here for a while. Should catch up overnight though. I feel stupid for being lazy enough to let it get to that point. No big deal if its just me and the wife, but the FIL is staying with us now. I need to be smarter.

Is the outdoor unit coil clean..??

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I still have my turntable but the needle/cartridge is junk.
    Gave all the vinyl away a long time ago. Catholic charity through the kids school. We had maybe 400 albums.

I still have an old working turntable as part of my old system out in the workshop. Never replaced the needle but I know it still works. Bought that old system over 30 years ago and it was cheap stuff then (Sound design), but the old thing won't die.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Is the outdoor unit coil clean..??

Hosed it out a couple months ago, did it again today. This system was never really adequate for this house though. Cheap builder stuff. I might look into replacing the whole thing this fall, duct work and all. That flex duct in the attic is a mess. I know its not helping.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While I'm no expert, I've had good luck with struggling AC units by setting a sprinkler next to them and keeping the water on the condenser coils until professional help arrived.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    While I'm no expert, I've had good luck with struggling AC units by setting a sprinkler next to them and keeping the water on the condenser coils until professional help arrived.

Done that before myself at my old house. It did seem to help some. The air coming from my vents is cool though. I'm confident it will catch up eventually. Having all my duct work in the attic sucks though because its so hot up there. No choice in this house though because I'm on a slab.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Just sliced up some onions and yellow squash, and they are sauteeing. Going to serve them with leftover BBQ chicken wings.

That sounds delish! Not in my house though. My wife insisted on cooking with fire tonight even though the AC was acting up. Still too hot in here.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That sounds delish! Not in my house though. My wife insisted on cooking with fire tonight even though the AC was acting up. Still too hot in here.

Hmmm, that reminds me. I've got a burner on the gas grill that I've never used. I could have cooked the stuff out there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am not a big fan of the crookneck squash. I think my mom used to pick it too old and then would boil it...accckkkk!

I love summer squash. I should run out to the garden and see if I have some more to pick. I have a couple of baby ones in the fridge so if I have one more ready to go, I could throw it in the pan in a bit of butter and fix that to go with the leftovers. It's going to be a veggie night anyway...sweet corn, cucumber salad, zucchini....

If the turkeys have moved on, I think I'll do that. Last time I looked they had the cat treed in the back yard. She wasn't looking too happy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom